Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!

  • naboth675
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      IF there is one thing that puts me off cfm people it is the mind
      numbing phrases they come out with.

      I knew a man who had been to a church for some time but came to the
      city and joined the Potters House. At first he was sociable and
      intelligent and could think for himself. Three years later all he
      comes out with is fellowship rhetoric. Arggh!! That is sooooo
      brainwashed. A conversation with him consists of the following.
      we're having revival, God is really moving, the church, the church,
      the church, we had some religious people come out but they don't
      stay. That's religious people for you. They say they are christians
      but they don't want to do anything. ect, ect, ect.
      A five minute conversation with these people will expose them as
      brainwashed followers of a discipleship cult leader. They parrot the
      phrases of their pastor who himself is parroting the stuff he hears.
      {What makes me laugh is how they think it's so cool that they meet
      people just like them when they go to conference. I have to wonder
      why.}

      It's not that I hate these people. These people were my friends but
      talking to one of them now is so annoying. What happened to him?
      Intelligent people go off like a tape recording. They also lose
      their shine. I suppose some people would call this maturity but
      seriously you can see this in peoples faces. They were bright young
      converts and then they start looking just a little bit jaded.
      Relationship with God? You're pulling my leg. Pat religious
      phrasology and knee jerk responses and total mind numbing
      conversation {and then they will go on to say that this proves they
      can't relate to the world because they are saved}. I imagine myself
      in that organisation bound to a fellowship pattern and doomed to the
      same conversation with the same kind of people for the rest of my
      life. Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! There is a world out there. Wake up!!!

      regards...naboth675