Re: The Late, Great naboth675

  • naboth675
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2011
      Hi Ken and anyone else still reading here.

      Wow. Has it really been over a year? I just peered in here on the off chance and read the message. To be frank some of the reasons I don't do this stuff any more is because I've said pretty much all I can say on the subject and secondly I really wanted to move on and draw a line under this part of my life. The cfm is dying a slow and protracted death. {shame they oppose euthanasia. lol}

      No kids yet by the way but life is good. I've just got back from mission work abroad. Apart from the religious aspect of things, which naturally is very close to my heart, engaging with another culture and people is a very rewarding experience. {a very good time to be English by the way. Pretty much everyone in Kenya was watching the royal wedding.}

      Was listening to one of Ernie Toppin's albums the other day. I really love his music {If not his pastoral abilities. lol} I guess that's a measure of how much I've moved on when I think about it. Five years ago it all sounded 'tainted' to me. It's been a long time.

      Your right about yahoo. Shame really {cue nostalgic moment}anyway. hope you are well

      naboth675

      --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Well, yesterday marked one year since the creator of this message board,
      > naboth675, posted here. He did remark that he had said all he had to
      > say about Wayman Mitchell's fellowship. Naboth had been a member of one
      > of Mitchell's churches in England for a bit over 10 years. After
      > leaving, he discovered the online message boards and began writing about
      > his fellowship experience, and his getting out experience. From my
      > perspective, he wrote some of the best stuff in exposing that religious
      > group for what it is. Quite a bit of wit in his writings.
      >
      > I have noted that these type message boards seem to have only a fraction
      > of the traffic that they had about 7 years ago. Yahoo message boards
      > were a new thing, at one point, and as it is with much of the internet,
      > what's new is what gets the traffic. Facebook, as we all know, and
      > Twitter, have gained quite a few followers, but there are indications
      > that they are reaching their peak, and that something else is due to
      > come alone that will attract the internet traffic.
      >
      > Still, searches will bring up these message boards, from time to time,
      > and so if someone is looking for information on Wayman Mitchell's
      > fellowship, they will be able to find it. Also, I believe that it is
      > Naboth who set up Voice of Warning, which features messages from these
      > message boards, and comes up quite readily on searches.
      >
      > Anyone can sift through the archives of this message board and get
      > useful feedback about Wayman Mitchell's fellowship. That alone makes
      > leaving this message board standing worthwhile.
      >
      > Well, I am not sure what Naboth is up to these days. Perhaps he still
      > reads the messages here and will pop up and let us know. He is
      > obviously not hiding his real name, as links he put up reveal it.
      >
      > As for me, I still plug away on Escape From the Fellowship

      > Topics greatly vary, but we do get back to talking about the abusive,
      > exploitive fellowship that is headed by Wayman Mitchell, from time to
      > time. So, if you are reading here, feel free to drop by and check it
      > out.
      >
      > As for naboth675, I salute your efforts over the years to make known the
      > destructive quality of Wayman Mitchell's fellowship. You are one of the
      > few who made a significant effort to warn others to get out of Wayman
      > Mitchell's fellowship, or to never enter it in the first place. I trust
      > things are going well with you. Any kids yet?
      >
      > Shalom
      > Ken Haining

    • kenhaining777
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11, 2011
[...]

        Good to "see" you.  I just mentioned on Escape From the Fellowship about your posts on your blog about Kenya.  Glad to hear that you are doing well.

        I am just hanging out on Escape for those who still want to banter.  We talk about religion in general, scientific stuff, and whatever else comes up.  The fellowship is still a common theme.

        Search engines are getting better, and these groups are coming up a little bit more when people do searches on The Potters House or Wayman Mitchell.  There are those who would rather not be on a message board like mine, run by a non Christian, etc.

        Darren recently decided to give up the message boards and withdrew from the message board that he had obtained ownership of, Freedom From the Potters House.  It is still there, and there is a new moderator, but nothing much is going on.

        If you get a chance, drop by Escape and say hello.  I am sure that some there would love to hear from you.  I put up the link to your blog, so I am sure there are some who are checking it out.

        Shalom
        Ken

      • kenhaining777
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2011
          Naboth said:

          [Was listening to one of Ernie Toppin's albums the other day. I really love his music {If not his pastoral abilities. lol} I guess that's a measure of how much I've moved on when I think about it. Five years ago it all sounded 'tainted' to me. It's been a long time.]

          I have to wonder if Toppin will eventually leave the fellowship, as most do?  At that time he may go completely back to doing music.  Unfortunately, many a talented musician and song writer spent what would have been their best years in music trying to build the kingdom of Wayman.  There were some insanely talented musicians who passed through the Tucson church.

          The fact that you still like to listen to his music, in spite of his typical Potters House treatment of you, shows that you have indeed moved on.  It sounds like you are enjoying your life, and you are one of those who has continued in some form of Christianity.  I have observed so many variations of ex members of Wayman's World over the years, in terms of how their spiritual, religious, or metaphysical beliefs have developed.  Typically, those who were successful pastors and leaders in the fellowship stay in some form of professional "ministry."  I tend to view a lot of them as nothing more than religious professionals.  One even admitted to me that he stayed a pastor, after leaving Waymanland, because it was the easiest way for him to make a living.  However, some are sincerely Christian believers, and simply look for a sane expression of their faith, as opposed to the insane religious society that Wayman has built.

          CFM is always dying a slow death.  Mitch is hanging in there at 81 years old, and as long as he lingers, I think some portion of his fellowship will linger.  If I live to see the day that Wayman departs from this life, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens with that fellowship that is built around him.

          Hope you get time for a comment or two, Naboth, aka, Steve. If not, may your non Waymanite future be bright.

          Shalom
          Ken

        • naboth675
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2011
            hahaha. 'may your 'non waymanite' future be bright.' I like the sound of that! What a wierd thought as well that I was once classed as a 'waymanite'. Sounds almost.....well... whats the word I was looking for....cultic? lol

            --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, kenhaining777 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Naboth said:
            >
            > [Was listening to one of Ernie Toppin's albums the other day. I really
            > love his music {If not his pastoral abilities. lol} I guess that's a
            > measure of how much I've moved on when I think about it. Five years ago
            > it all sounded 'tainted' to me. It's been a long time.]
            >
            > I have to wonder if Toppin will eventually leave the fellowship, as most
            > do? At that time he may go completely back to doing music.
            > Unfortunately, many a talented musician and song writer spent what would
            > have been their best years in music trying to build the kingdom of
            > Wayman. There were some insanely talented musicians who passed through
            > the Tucson church.
            >
            > The fact that you still like to listen to his music, in spite of his
            > typical Potters House treatment of you, shows that you have indeed moved
            > on. It sounds like you are enjoying your life, and you are one of those
            > who has continued in some form of Christianity. I have observed so many
            > variations of ex members of Wayman's World over the years, in terms of
            > how their spiritual, religious, or metaphysical beliefs have developed.
            > Typically, those who were successful pastors and leaders in the
            > fellowship stay in some form of professional "ministry." I tend to view
            > a lot of them as nothing more than religious professionals. One even
            > admitted to me that he stayed a pastor, after leaving Waymanland,
            > because it was the easiest way for him to make a living. However, some
            > are sincerely Christian believers, and simply look for a sane expression
            > of their faith, as opposed to the insane religious society that Wayman
            > has built.
            >
            > CFM is always dying a slow death. Mitch is hanging in there at 81 years
            > old, and as long as he lingers, I think some portion of his fellowship
            > will linger. If I live to see the day that Wayman departs from this
            > life, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens with that
            > fellowship that is built around him.
            >
            > Hope you get time for a comment or two, Naboth, aka, Steve. If not, may
            > your non Waymanite future be bright.
            >
            > Shalom
            > Ken

          • kenhaining777
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2011

              Naboth said:

              [hahaha. 'may your 'non waymanite' future be bright.' I like the sound of that!
              What a wierd thought as well that I was once classed as a 'waymanite'. Sounds
              almost.....well... whats the word I was looking for....cultic? lol]

              It is a strange experience to look back on your Waymanite years, and try to imagine what you would think of your former self if you were to run into him today.

              By the way, in spite of being 81 years old, Wayman is still consolidating his power.  He recently showed up at a church, that the pastor had pioneered and pastored for 15 years, and "relieved him of duty."  With his new and improved structure, he can just waltz into any church and tell the pastor that this is their last service.

              Are you involved to the point of commitment with any church group?  There are a ton of church organizations out there, with varying degrees of demand for commitment and submission.  I think "freelancing" is probably the best approach for lay ministers like yourself.

              Again, I would encourage you to stop by Escape From the Fellowship and say hello.  I am sure a lot of folks would enjoy hearing from you.

              Shalom
              Ken