naboth in the vineyard

  • naboth675
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2010
      Just in case any of you think I've dissapeared off the face of the planet here is a sample of what I've been up to lately.

      http://missiontokenya.blogspot.com

      I've been in Kenya since around mid January and things are going very well. Most search engines won't get you to this blog so just put it into your address bar at the top of the screen.
      AS for the Potters House I think I've long since exhausted everything I wanted to say on the subject which is why you hardly ever see me here. {There are other groups covering the subject now anyway from a general and specifically christian perspective.}

      Interesting to hear how Dave Vicary is getting on. In was speaking to Joseph Karanja the other day {former fellowship pastor in Kenya} who used to know David and didn't know that Vicary had left the fellowship.

      God bless you...naboth675
    • mark baker

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010

          Hi Naboth.

          You had some of the most creative and humorous methods of exposing Wayman's World, and I am sure you made a dent in "the kingdom."  I can fully understand that you have said all you can say about that group.  For me, I still banter about with it as it reflects my larger interest in the human race's constant affair with religion. I am also aware that for people who are about to get out, and those who have just gotten out, exposing the fellowship is a new experience for them.

          As for the fellowship itself, I noted that the Prescott conference had only something like five new U.S. churches announced.  They were doing that many back in 1976!  It seems that the fellowship is dying a slow death.  Yes, they are still destroying quite a few lives, but they are losing their bite.  They are losing churches faster than they are planting them, in my opinion, especially if you leave out their bloated Third World numbers.

          As Wayman fades into the Sunset, I suspect his fellowship will as well.  Recently, in England, he gave a call for people to commit to still being a part of the fellowship 30 years from now.  That's a joke.  I wonder what the actual average shelf life of a fellowship disciple really is?

          Well, good luck with your missionary work.  I will miss your humorous, yet pointed, exposure of that religious group that has damaged so many people.

          Shalom
          Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 12, 2010
            Mark said:

            [What other groups besides this one and escape?..just curious.]

            Hey, Mark, you might want to try this one:

            That is run by our good friend, Darren.  It is a Christian message board as opposed to Escape From the Fellowship, which is for both non Christian and Christian ex members of Waymanland.

            Shalom
            Ken