Poem.

  • redhotcfmpepper
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      This week I saw a memorial of a work camp. It was originally intended for the unemployed during the Great Depression, but in WW2 the inhabitants were Jewish. The following poem by Jacqueline van der Waals was written on it. It speaks for itself, I think.

      Geef mij de moed om onrecht te onderkennen
      Ook waar 't door eeuwen van gebruik gewettigd wordt,
      De vaste wil aan onrecht nooit te wennen,
      Ook waar de macht, het weg te nemen, schort.

      Give me the courage to recognize injustice
      Also where it by centuries of use is legalised,
      The firm will never to get used to wrong,
      Also where the power, to remove it, is lacking.

      Greetings.