Re: Christian groups and deception - 1 & 2

  • miguel_hayworth
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      Why dose Doug Harris refuse to speak obout these groups and benny
      hinn when he is on reverlation tv.

      I broke off the reacbout forums because of this reason.

      miguel
      --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "naboth675"
      <naboth675@...> wrote:

      > It is so important that you hear that last message in the context
      of the
      > history of cfm. Mitchell had a man by the name of Mike Sawyer
      preach at
      > Prescott. Sawyer openly stated that we preach another Jesus, not
      like
      > those other churches. they preach a homo Jesus. Our Jesus is
      violent.
      > Sawyers, and the Potters House Jesus are apparently not beyond
      kicking
      > someones teeth down their throat if you criticise the leaders of the
      > Potters House.
      >
      > Does this sound like what Doug Harris was describing? It certainly
      does.

      > Mitchell was alos one of those people within Foursquare who rose up
      and
      > brought disciples after himself. He took with him a number of men
      who
      > were not his converts with him when he left Foursquare. Truly
      Mitchell
      > fits the mould and his fellowship is a hall of mirrors. Paul the
      apostle
      > warned us of such men.
      >
      > regards...naboth675
      >

      > --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "naboth675"
      > <naboth675@> wrote:
      > >

      > > In this clip Doug Harris looks at the subject of deception in
      > christian
      > > groups. This subject is covered in tow stages.
      > >
      > > http://www.gv247.tv/movies/movies_cults.asp?tn=2&emt=4
      > > <http://www.gv247.tv/movies/movies_cults.asp?tn=2&emt=4>
      > >
      > > http://www.gv247.tv/movies/movies_cults.asp?tn=2&emt=5
      > > <http://www.gv247.tv/movies/movies_cults.asp?tn=2&emt=5>
      > >
      > > regards...naboth675

    • naboth675
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        I don't know the answer to that one. Years ago I used to give Benny Hinn
        the benefit of the doubt but all the stuff I've seen about him {and not
        just from his critics either} convinces me this is not just a guy whose
        made a few mistakes. Hinn is every bit as bad as Mitchell, {doctrinely
        he's worse, far worse}. When you see the lifestyle this guy lives and
        how he spends donations and then see how he raises money there should be
        no doubt in anyones mind what manner of man this is.

        His slogan is 'winning the lost at any cost' yet the very same money he
        raises under this slogan he spnds on$3,700 a night hotel accomodation.
        He writes out large cheques for his children to spend and a dozen other
        luxuries that would shock christians if they knew about it. Mind you he
        probably thinks he needs it as he only takes between $500,000 to one
        million dollars a year in salary. {sarcasm intended}

        One thing guaranteed to irritate me is hearing of unscupulous men who
        merchandise God's people and milk them for all they are worth.

        Incidently some months ago I watched a video clip of Hinn with Paul
        Crouch I think it was and Hinn was spinning a line about the millenium
        and impending financial disaster. He claimed that God had given him a
        project which every christian watching should give to. Those who did
        would be protected during the disaster but those who didn't would come
        to ruin. I tried to find it recently but I don't remeber the website I
        watched it on. Any idea where I can find that clip. It's the clearest
        evidence of the charlatan Benny Hinn is.

        Incidently I hear several of those big name money makers are under a
        senate investigation. I hope these people are stopped. They are bringing
        the gospel into disrepute.

        regards...naboth675