Re: Ayo Akinyemi

  • naboth675
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      This is very interesting. If I remember correctly Ayo is pastoring in
      Bromley in Kent and is married to Carolyn {Short, white, blond hair and
      wears glasses}. Ayo always looked very serious but I've never spoken to
      him.

      The thinb you describe is something that comes out of Walthamstow. If a
      pastor suspects that everything is not as it should be in your life he
      will begin to play this mind game with you. It's basically to psyche you
      out although when challenged he can always claim he was just asking you
      if you were O.K. If you make an issue of it then that is used as
      evidence that a simple question, "Are you O.K?" touched a raw nerve and
      suggests that everything is not O.K. Pastors are rarely open and
      transparent and pick up their ministering techniques from Walthamstows
      discipleship process. Ernie Toppin was into this rubbish and so was the
      pastor before him.

      Sometimes there may be something they genuinely want to talk about but
      want to give you the opportunity to speak before they stick their neck
      out so they use this tactic to get you to open up first. It's not the
      way to speak to someone though.

      I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that this is happening. I knew
      Carolyn and she seemed to be a genuinely nice and honest person. She
      didn't go into marriage lightly as far as I am led to believe. I was
      kind of hopin they would be a good couple and that the abuse this
      fellowship is imfamous for would not come from them. I still hope that.
      The trouble is that no matter how genuine your salvation experience you
      are going to be affected to some degree by a long term association with
      the Potters House. As a disciple that influence is multiplied.

      I'm genuinely sorry to hear that Ayo is doing that. It's a shame.

      regards...naboth675

      --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "max.moon"
      <max.moon@...> wrote:

      > I remember a particular service I attended. I saw Ayo Akinyemi there
      > so I approached him just to say hello. As soon as he saw me he was
      > giving me funny looks and asked: "Are you ok?" I said yes. Then in a
      > higher voice he asked me again; "Are you ok?" So I said yes. He
      > started looking at me as if there was something seriously wrong with
      > me. He asked me the third time: "Are you sure you're ok?" Again I
      > said "Yes I'm ok." By then he was making me feel very uncomfortable.
      > "Are you sure?" (He said in a higher voice). "Yes, yes I'm ok. I'm
      > alright. I'm fine." He continued to give me funny looks. Why he did
      > that I don't know. At the time it didn't even occur to me to question
      > it. It baffles me. If there was something he didn't like about me
      > then why didn't he just say it?

    • springvaleman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        --- In slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "naboth675"
        <naboth675@...> wrote:

        Just felt I had to reply to this post.I too had a similar experience
        whilst "serving my time".One of the guys wanted to marry this girl
        and she had arranged for them to visit her parents in Ireland.This
        guy phoned me at home and I asked him where he was.He didnt anwser
        straight away, but put his girlfriend on the phone. I knew right
        away where he was becaue she had mentioned going home for a couple
        of days.When he came back on the phone I asked him if he pastor knew
        where he was. He said NO.That Sunday whilst checking the offering
        with the pastor, he asked me if I knew where this guy was because he
        hadn,t turned up for witnessing that Sat.I was now in a position
        where I could lie to protect this guy or just tell the truth.I tried
        the diplomatic route say "I thought you knew where he was". That
        didnt work because he then asked me again. I told him where he was.
        Not out of loyalty but because it's wrong to lie. The truth is the
        pastor ALREADY knew where he was because the guy had to get the OK
        from pastor to visit the girls parents anyway.He had already planned
        to marry them.Looking back it was a plan to test my loyalty.It was
        down right deceit,childish and cultic.This lying decieving pastor is
        now the worship leader of the "mother church", leading people in
        worship.Hmmm... this reminds me of a certain serpent in the bible
        who was both DECIEVING and a WORSHIP leader.

        It just shows you the mind games that they play with their
        congregations.Trying to test loyalty and all sorts of rubbish like
        that.Imagine doing that to big,grown men with families.It makes me
        mad.I'm still tyring to get over that.And what about those extremely
        stupid dating rules like not being able to sit together in church
        but can leave together in the SAME car at night.Girls cant preach or
        hold any ofice in the church but can scream and shout oh
        sorry...street preach on a Sat morning on the High Street.My blood
        pressure is starting to rise so God bless and keep this message
        board going.PLEASE.

      • naboth675
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
          Good to hear from you again Ronald. There are mind games a plenty in
          the fellowship of Pharisees. It's all about control. Insecure men
          have to know that they can control you.

          By the way. The guy you mentioned who is now the worship leader in
          the mother church. What's his name?

          regards...naboth675

          ps : No worries. This message board will DEFINITELY keep going. God
          bless.

          --- In
          slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "springvaleman"