Very superstitious

  • woodenshoes_nl
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
      There was this guy who, being in an angry mood, started ranting about
      THAT pastor, obvious not in a very positive way. The next meeting the
      pastor preached about the friend of this irritated man, that he had a
      problem with the pastor and he had passed this attitude on to his
      friend who vocalized it in front of several others. Personally I
      never had heard this fellow's friend criticize the pastor, so how he
      could have affected his brother, I don't know. One explanation is that
      he passed it on spiritually. But whether this was true or not doesn't
      matter, just the suspicion was enough for the pastor to preach about
      it. It makes you wonder why didn't the pastor talk about it in private
      like the bible teaches, I know he never did, investigate the whole
      matter before he drew his conclusion, and not base part of his sermon
      on something he had no evidence of? And more importantly it shows how
      significant it was in the CFM if somebody was not agreeing, it was
      immediately dealt with, it had priority. The term witch-hunt comes to
      mind.
      Webster's dictionary about suspicion: The act of suspecting; the
      imagination or apprehension of the existence of something ( esp.
      something wrong or hurtful) without proof, or upon very slight
      evidence, or upon no evidence.
      Here one of the nightmarish, medieval attitudes in the Christian
      Fellowship Ministries. Suspicion as truth. The pastor talked about
      christians who saw spirits behind every table leg, but still the devil
      was blamed of a lot of things in the fellowship. The pastors of the
      CFM were supposedly a special target of the attacks of Satan, the
      whole fellowship getting exceptional attention of this adversary of
      the church ( not those other lukewarm churches of course, just us). It
      made live very awkward. I guess you had to be there to know what I
      mean. Just read the beginning of this message, who would expect a
      pastor to behave to a situation like that, and he had the divine
      revelation, he knew what he was talking about. Can you imagine the
      effect this had on the brothers and sisters when they were
      socializing? Be careful, don't get that spirit. Always edifying the
      ones you thought were less spiritual, even just talking was a biblical
      event. Judging your brothers and sisters on their commitment and their
      state of holiness, instead of basing the relation on the love of God
      like Jesus Christ taught us. You may not see that the person you are
      talking with has a spirit, you may not notice it, but you are effected
      none the less. Before you know it, there is sin in your live. And sin
      is everything that is not in agreement with the teachings of the CFM,
      like submission to your headship, whether he is wrong or right. The
      unseen evil and not being able to stop it, the perfect breeding ground
      for fear, for witch-hunts, and one person is more effected then the
      other.

      Greetings from Holland.
    • naboth675
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2005
        This suspicion and spiritualised superstition is rampant throughout
        the fellowship. Any thought that comes to a pastors mind can be
        elevated to the level of inspired wisdom. Can you imagine trying to
        speak to one of these men especially if your view of something was
        different to his? It's a thankless and not to mention dangerous task
        saying something which contradicts the pastor no matter how rational
        your point of view.

        Being around some pastors is like treading on eggs. You become
        paranoid about saying the wrong thing and cracking his
        hypersensitive ego. The wrong thing being anything that runs
        contrary to how the pastor sees things. That is a very unhealthy
        atmosphere for a christian.

        regards...naboth675

        --- In
        slamthedoor_on_the_pottershouse@yahoogroups.com, "woodenshoes_nl"