Writers of the Past (23)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 3:38 PM

      Here is a cross post from the group, Escape From the Fellowship

      Here is a post written by grateful1tohim on Loki's Potting Shed.  She had posted quite a bit over on Slam the Door and was, and still is, personal friends with the Slammos.  She later posted under other names, and said who she was, that is, Linda Gregory.  She and her husband pioneered a church in Fiji under Wayman's banner, but felt compelled to leave because of Wayman's usual abuses.  Wayman has been suing that church in Fiji for over a decade now, even though the Gregorys left the church with a native pastor about 8 or 9 years ago, revealing The Little Big Man really does have some little man issues.

      Linda and her husband, Larry, started and built a church in Florida which is doing quite well.  Larry still visits Fiji every year and preaches at the church he started, as well as deals with the lawsuit that has dragged on for so many years.

      Here is Linda's message from September 1, 2003

      I have been thinking alot about the posts regarding the negative
      effects of the Fellowship. To say they are staggering is an
      understatement. Its beyond heard breaking. A lot of people leave
      the Fellowship feeling fragile, uncertain, weary,
      betrayed,confused,depressed, discouraged, hopeless,doubting and with
      a very low level of trust. To say they have had the life sucked out
      of them is a very apt description. The most devestating thing though
      is to see those that have decided Christianity is off as a result of
      all they experienced. In my experience alone I have had to deal with
      a variety of feelings and emotions. When I look back though, at all
      we went through, and are still going through, I realize that it is
      much better than the alternative....which would be to have not
      recognized the evil, to have not confronted it, to still be in the
      Fellowship. We have tried to overcome the negative aspects by
      focusing on the positive. We have learned to rely on God more than
      ever. We have faced what we did or didn't do that was wrong and
      repented and learned from it. We have sought God's direction and
      guidance on issues and areas to make sure we were hearing from him
      and if not to change. We have learned a greater level of
      compassion. We have learned who our true friends are. We have
      learned how it feels to be shunned. We have learned grace. We are
      learning to trust again (this one takes a bit longer unfortunately).
      And most importantly we have learned that nothing matters as much as
      loving God, serving Him, and loving people,helping them in any way
      possible to grow as individuals in their walk with God. Sometimes,
      for me anyway, its so easy to get lost in all the bad that we have
      faced. Instead of realizing how God took our hand and walked us
      through it all. There were times in the past that we honestly
      thought it was all over for us and that the Fellowship was going to
      be successful in destroying us. Times when I truely thought that if
      I took another step I was going to bust. But God always relieved
      just enough of the pressure to help me keep on keeping on.

      I was thinking about Kens words, 'To hear people talk about it so
      many years later, after getting out,
      is to have the evidence that this man is an extreme evil in the midst
      of our civilization. His ability to destroy others potential to live
      a fullfilling life is something to behold. How could one man have
      such an immense effect on so many people?' Especially the
      words...'so many years later.' The other day I was reading Steve's
      post on the STD site regarding his trials and lawsuit w/the
      Fellowship. I thought, man its 8 years later and he is still dealing
      with all of it. Then I thought good grief...look how long its been
      for us and we are STILL fighting off the wolves and dealing with
      assaults. People ask...'why cant you just move on and get on with
      your life and put all that in the past' Its a bit hard to do when
      the Fellowship plays the hound of hell and relentlessly pursues and
      attacks.

      The Fellowship has destroyed lives, families, hearts and minds.
      Sometimes I wonder...how much longer will they get away with it. But
      there is a righteous judge and He is in control. He can see the end
      picture. I trust Him.

      We saw evil. We spoke up about it....and we were almost destroyed as
      a result. The thing that is crucial for people to keep in mind when
      leaving the Fellowship is that you must keep focused. The world and
      people will fail you. Jesus never does. Even though those you
      consider your closest friends leave you...Jesus never will. My
      husband has some powerful quotes over his desk that say, "Whatever
      you do you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon there is
      always someone to tell you you are wrong. There are always
      difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are
      right. To map out a course of action and follow it to the end,
      requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs. Peace has
      its victories, but it takes brave men to win them." "Hard
      things are put in our way not to stop us, but to call out our courage
      and our strength" "The ability to confront issues is really
      important to a successful career and life." "Never be bullied
      into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no
      one's definition of your life." These are good reminders

      September 1, 2003