Writers of the Past (2)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22 10:15 AM

      This is a cross post from the group, Escape From the Fellowship.

      Here is a post by bulldogman77, who posted only twice on Escape from the Fellowship.

      Deep down inside I always knew something was wrong from the moment I
      first stepped into a fellowship church to the last day I was there.
      Somehow I just forced myself to believe that it was the right thing
      to be there but I always had this strange feeling that something was
      wrong from the first time I heard stuff like "Oh brother that's just
      the devil trying to take you back" to the fake forced fed miracles
      of leg growing services and slaying of the spirit even all the times
      we were told to disdain the world, your family, your friends etc...
      and the fellowship experience was like a bad nightmare that sucked
      up 20 years of my life, the only good I got out of it was my wife
      and my kids. I wished I would have been stronger in my resistance
      towards that pushy cult that I forced myself to become like, I felt
      like I was trapped until I started to realize that I wasn't going
      nowhere and began to see them for who they really are. Deep down
      inside I always knew something was wrong I should have listened to
      that inner voice that said don't do it. Now I see everything in a
      different light I'm not as religious and judgmental and all the
      things that I hated to be, the next time I get into a church it will
      be one that is more sane and not so damn CULTISH!!! and finally, I
      know that deep down inside there is a God and that's the weird thing
      about it; is that I still feel a pull towards Him. I just don't
      think I am ready for the church scene right now! and NO i'm not
      looking for the perfect church I'm just at peace not belonging to
      the fellowship. And to all you fellowship lurkers deep down inside
      you have a feeling that something is wrong!

      August 19, 2007