Re: The Door in The Netherlands

  • samuel.detroit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
      Hi Laura,
      When you first enter the cult you are in the Love Bombing period. Everyone is very nice and go above and beyond to do what they refer to as "lock you in". During this period you are not exposed to the harsh rules and doctrines of the CFM/the Door.

      For a better description of love-bombing take a look at this: http://books.google.com/books?id=75JSQtZLCq0C&pg=PA142&lpg=PA142&dq=love+in+period+cult&source=bl&ots=b1eLFg53VE&sig=vKPJIea8RkWqapE_4ci1e-Owb9s&hl=en&ei=2CZKSrz7N478MfD5tKMB&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1

      It sounds so eerily similar.

      --- In slamthedoor@yahoogroups.com, "laurabrokke" <ld_brokke79@...> wrote:
      Hello, im Laura, 30 years old from the Netherlands. My husband and i have been to the Door church twice. Its on the other side of our street so we thought; lets have a look there! We first went to 'de kerk van de Nazarener' but thats a church with a lot of members so we were looking fore some 'smaller' church. Lots of mebers is a good thing, but when you are new its difficult to get to know the people if you know what i mean. In the Door church the people were very nice and askt us a lot of things, we thought that was nice because they liked us for who we are. But now on the internet i read so much bad stuf about CFM/the Door and i don't want to go there anymore. We also have a baby who is 5 month old and i feel guilty for bringing him there twice with us. Maybe someone can tell me more about why some people say that The Door is a cult/sect. I hope you all unsterstand my message cause my English is not that good.
      Greetings Laura