Re: Glad to see a support group out there.

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 17, 2008

      Kevin said:

      [I finally took my stand and told the pastor I was leaving he started
      laying into me with his vulcan mind meld control speech.]

      That line really cracked me up.

      I cross posted your message to Escape From the Fellowship.

      You may get some responses over there.  Nichole, who posts under the name mammamanykids is also from Yucca Valley, and left the fellowship just a few months ago.  You might want to have some interchange with her and her husband.  She also runs her own message board, Freedom From the Potter's House.

      We also have another ex Marine posting on Escape, Denis, who goes by iwas1ncthr.  We have some Australian ex members posting there as well.

      So stop by Escape From the Fellowship, if you get a chance.  I am sure you will get some responses to that testimony of yours.  I appreciate you taking the time to write that.  Thanks.

      Shalom

      Ken

    • melissal29
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 17, 2008
        I love what you wrote, its true if you are going to leave you should
        just leave. I left the fellowship about six months ago. I was a
        member for three years. To be honest I am not sure why exactly I
        left. I loved the church, but the more more people were leaving and
        it wasnt even just new converts it was member of the church that had
        been their for ten twelve years, I start praying and asking
        questions. And, it is so true once you start asking questions you
        kind of get in trouble, they tell you that these members are
        backsliding or have lost their way just pray for them and stay away
        from them. I knew these people and they were my family. I was so
        confused, if these people were in sin and at risk to going to hell,
        why not embrase them talk to them befriend them even more, to try and
        win them back. This was an issue I always had with the church. I
        didnt understand how I could call my self a christian and these
        peoples family when i would abandon them when they need church family
        the most! My decision to leave was based on month of prayer I truly
        felt God telling me to leave and not look back. I did try and talk
        to pastor and let him know that i was no longer attending the church,
        they just made me feel like i did not hear from God that I was making
        it up. I knew the last sunday I was their that I was doing the right
        thing. I over heard pastors wife telling a young lady whos husband
        was in the military and not saved that if he left the area she needed
        to stay here and not go with him. I couldnt believe it, god is all
        about family and keeping them together what would be so wrong with
        her going with her husband and attending another fellowship church. I
        made my decision and never looked back. I have still recieve calls
        from members, and they want to know why i left and some even ask me
        how you could do it. The only reponse i have is it was what was write
        for me and my family. I dont bash the church with them or even
        listen to them bash the church. I will not be a part of their ideas
        of me. I was told that the first sunday I left pastor stood up and
        told everyone to beware of the Jezbel spirit. I couldnt believe it,
        i had been a part of the church for three years and I had put my
        entire life on hold and put them first. I was so angry I wanted to
        march my self up their and tell them exactly what a cult they were
        but knew it would be useless. I found this group and truly love it,
        to be able to talk to others who had left. I look at your stories
        and draw strength, I admire anyone who has left the church after ten
        years or twenty years. I was only a member for three years and still
        am stuggling with my decision. I miss all my friends, and people who
        were my family for the past three years. I do pray for them and the
        church to open their eyes to the truth, and to change there ways. I
        am so sad to hear about members who left and now no longer have faith
        in Christ. It kills me to see the damage that one person can do.
        I left the chruch not my faith in Christ in fact I dont even
        think I was truly saved in the potters house. I was just obedient to
        a mans words not gods. Talk to yall later!