Dr. Walter Martins Warning to the Church (1988)

  • sheeptrax007
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2008
      Dr. Walter Martins Warning to the Church (1988)
      (He was the original Bible Answer Man)
      http://apostasywatch.com/

      If you have your Bible, if you have your Bible I'd like you to turn
      with me to Acts chpt. 20. I'd like to read a few verses from this
      passage which I believe are very apropos today.

      Talking to the elders in the church of Ephesus as he is preparing to
      go to Jerusalem where he will be bound by the Jews, and later to die.
      The apostle writes these words or speaks these words and Luke records
      them. I take you to record this day v.26, Acts 20:26. That is a direct
      quote from Ezek. 34 where the scripture says if you do not warn the
      wicked man of his wicked and he dies in his sin, I will hold you
      accountable for it. So we are suppose to warn the wicked of the
      wickedness they perform and also of the judgment of God upon them. If
      we don't we become accessories after the fact of their sins.

      So, Ezek. 34 is what Paul is definitely referring to. I want you to
      know I am free from the blood of all mankind because I am giving you
      the whole counsel take heed there unto yourselves and all the flock
      unto which the Holy Spirit has made you rulers. The Greek word
      episcopos- a ruler to fend or tend therefore the church of God which
      he has purchased with his own blood. "For I know this after I leave
      you savage wolves shall enter in among you and will not spare the
      flock." No mercy and notice this from your own selves men shall arise
      speaking contrary things to draw away disciples after themselves.
      Therefore watch and remember for a period of three years I did not
      cease to warn everyone night and day to the point of tears." Now there
      is a twofold warning to the Christian Church.

      Now we are speaking this morning on the warnings of God, the warnings
      of God. This passage tells you that after the apostles would leave the
      Church there would be savage wolves, they are characterized as wolves.
      Ravenous wolves who will enter in, and they will not spare the flock.
      Which means they will attack the flock from without, they will
      penetrate the sheepfold and they will chew up the sheep. Now that’s as
      clear as crystal right here. I know this after I leave, this is going
      to happen.

      We have those savage wolves today. We have theologians in theological
      Seminaries and departments of religions of schools who literally chew
      up the flock. They chew up the people who are studying for the
      ministry and then they spit them out into our pulpits where they can
      chew us up. These are the savage wolves who come in not sparing the
      flock. Apostate’s in positions of authority in the Christian Church.
      Apostate’s who advocate the ordination of homosexuals, forbidden and
      cursed of God. Apostate’s who deny the only Lord God and our Lord
      Jesus Christ. Apostate’s who will ordain you if you deny the Trinity,
      the deity of Christ, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection, and
      the 2nd coming. Apostate’s who dominate our denominational structures
      and our educational institutions. Apostate’s who have come in and are
      chewing up the church. That is very clearly stated here that we are to
      lookout for these people. Paul said I warned you day and night for
      three years to the point of tears. Very important.

      Now there is a 2nd part of this that is seldom preached on because
      when you preach on it people get upset in my ministry what else is
      new. It’s an occupational hazard because you have to tell them the
      whole counsel of God. Notice Paul’s emphasis here, "I have not avoided
      declaring unto you verse 27 "all or the whole counsel of God." The
      whole counsel of God is to warn against the savage wolves, cultists
      occultists, non Christian religionists, atheistic and skeptical
      philosophers, psychologists whatever they may be, who have attacked
      the church from without and some have penetrated and chewed up the church.

      Now there's a 2nd warning from God, this warning is one the Church has
      paid very little attention to and because we have paid so little
      attention to it, it has thrived and become lethal. Why? Because what's
      close to you that you don't see, it does you far more harm than
      something you can get in perspective and easily identify. So let’s
      take a good look at what he saying here. From your own selves v.30 you
      ought to mark church itself, men will arise. It does not say possibly,
      could, he said will arise. They will speak contrary the meaning of the
      word in the Greek, King James says perversion, the word in the Greek
      is contrary. They will speak contrary things for the purpose of
      drawing disciples after them selves.

      So the warning of God is against people in the church in positions of
      leadership and respect. Who will draw disciples surrounding
      themselves, whose allegiance is not to Christ, but to that person. And
      they will draw the disciples after themselves from within the church
      so that there is no accountability for what they say. Now this isn't
      my message this is the Pauline counsel to the Church at Ephesus.
      Warnings from the Holy Spirit. Look out for the wolves and lookout for
      the divisive schismatic leaders who will split and fragment and divide
      the church by attracting disciples to follow them.

      Now the Scripture has many statements about false teachings and false
      prophets. Mat.7 gives one of the most frightening passages in all
      divine revelation it says and this is the lord Jesus speaking on the
      subject ( --- dressed as sheep but inwardly or spiritually you are
      dealing with savage wolves, you will know them by what they produce).
      Now Jesus has said something else that the Church has forgotten today.
      Jesus said in my name or if you want the actual meaning of the Greek
      text, by my authority- name means authority.

      When you say "stop in the name of the Law" to criminal fleeing, you
      are saying stop by the authority of what? The law. The law says you
      can't do that. Stop! When a King pronounces judgment in Old Testament
      times and recent times until kings went out of fashion. In the world a
      ruler person would say open the door in the name of the king….

      Alright once you get that concept in you mind Jesus said there will
      come men who will speak claiming their authority is from me. Now get
      that in your head carefully. There will come men who will speak in my
      name. That is, I am supposedly saying this to you, that is a very
      important phrase. There going to come and say I'm speaking to you in
      Jesus in my name they will work miracles in my name they will cast out
      devils… they will prophesy and preach. But when I meet them I will say
      leave me I never knew you workers of iniquity.

      Why? Because they use his authority and his name, because the power
      was in Jesus name, or Jesus' authority not in them. And God honored
      the name of his Son. And they took that as a means of teaching there
      own false doctrines and false prophecies and because of that they
      corrupted the faith of the church. But inwardly, spiritually, they
      really roooaaar! And if you don't know fleece from fur your dinner,
      dumb dum. And the only way you can know fleece from fur is to know how
      to test them. You don't test them by Walter Martin, or by Norman
      Geisler, as good as the apologist and defenders of Christianity might
      be and as much as you trust them. You don't test them by other people,
      you test them by Scripture.

      Then if your fidelity is the Scripture, and your allegiance is the
      Scripture, you reject them! But says Paul in the last days, men are
      going to be drawn away by false teachers and prophets in the church
      speaking in the name of Jesus. And you’re not going to test them
      you’re going to go along with them. And there gonna fragment and
      divide the Church because you wont' test them.

      Well its about time that we test them.

      Kenneth Copeland delivered the following prophecy during a three day
      victory campaign held in Dallas Texas. It is reproduced in the Voice
      of Victory 20th anniversary of his ministry. Found on page 9 his
      prophecy came from Jesus Christ, Copeland says, He quotes Jesus as saying:

      "You remember in my word I said to my disciples this kind comes not
      out by prayer and fasting." He's talking now about the power of
      prayer. He goes on "Don't be disturbed (this is Jesus) when people
      accuse you of being God. The more you get to be like me God. But I
      didn’t claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He
      was in Me. Hallelujah."

      That is a lying spirit. Look at me read my lips. That is a lying
      spirit. That is not the Holy Spirit. Now for ten years I have warned
      and I'm on tape and in print on this. That we were heading into the
      kingdom of the cults with the faith teachers. You are no longer
      heading there baby, you are there!

      Just so you are not mistaken let me give it to you again. Jesus speaking:

      "The more you get to be like me (Jesus) the more there going to think
      that way of you. They crucified me for claiming that I was God. But I
      didn’t claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He
      was in Me. Hallelujah." That’s what your doing."

      Now this was on TBN this on Christian Television and radio stations.
      This is tolerated by the Christian Church, particularly the
      charismatic wing because they will not obey the Lord Jesus Christ and
      they will not obey; what the Scripture says. They are taken by people
      and ministries. And by large crowds and jet airplanes and by affluence
      as supposedly the seal of success. If you’re big and you’re powerful
      and you’re rich and people come to hear you, automatically it must be
      from God. No! Automatically it isn't from God. You’re supposed to test
      what the person says by Scripture. And if you don't test it by
      Scripture you can be taking in spiritual arsenic or cyanide and it can
      ruin your Christian life and take your eyes off Christ. The Scripture
      says it will overturn the faith in the Church.

      This is far beyond doctrinal disputes. He speaks it in the name of
      Jesus. He's a liar, and the truth is not in him. Isa. 8:20 "If they do
      not speak according to this word they have, what? NO light in them,"
      in fact the Hebrew says there is no dawn.

      What deceives people about these false prophets is that out one side
      of their mouth they preach the gospel and out of the other side of
      their mouth they deny him who is the core of the gospel. And if you
      don’t put the two sides together you think you’re hearing
      Christianity. But you’re not!. The false prophets know that to get
      crowds they have to preach Christianity. The false prophets know that
      in order to have financial support they have got to get the church to
      contribute to them. So they will sound like the Church and they will
      prophesy in Jesus name, they will heal in Jesus name they will work
      miracles in Jesus name and then at the proper they will deny him.

      How do you know he's a false prophet? It’s easy he said so. I wonder
      if people who read this THOUGHT! THOUGHT!
      "They crucified me for claiming I was God, but I didn't claim I was
      God." He didn't? That’s strange language, John chapter 8, "your father
      Abraham rejoiced to se my day coming he saw it and he was glad. But
      they said your not even 50 years old yet. You saw Abraham?" Jesus
      said, "before Abraham came into existence I AM." And they reach for
      stones to kill him. Who'd they think he was? Obviously God. John
      Chpt.10 "for thy Good works we stone thee not but for blasphemy. That
      you being a man make yourself out to be", Who? GOD!

      Now we are dealing here with the doctrine of antichrist. And its not
      coming from an apostate professor of a theological seminary its not
      coming from a Jehovah's Witness that knocks on your door. It's not
      coming from the Mormon missionary that peddles up. Its coming from
      Kenneth Copeland on your television set on your radio and in print and
      if you resist the false doctrines of antichrist elsewhere, why will
      you not resist here?

      The answer is very simple because people hear the gospel being
      preached and they automatically assume that the person preaching is a
      true prophet of God. No Jesus said, the false prophets can do it. They
      only way you can find out is test them. I've not avoided declaring to
      you the whole counsel of God for the space of ten years. I have told
      you day and night to the point of rage.

      Now it’s come full circle. There it is. Quote on TBN "Dogs beget dogs
      cats beget cats, and God beget Gods, you are little Gods." Close
      quote. That’s Kenneth Copeland on your television set. You are Gods!

      No you’re not, your sinners saved by grace. And he's not a God, he's a
      sinner professing to be a Christian, and denying in prophesy in the
      name of Jesus what Jesus said. That’s a false prophet, I don't care
      how you spell it, if you say but look at the healings, look at the
      meetings, look at the miracles. READ Matthew Chapter 7, use your
      brains. Jesus said that’s exactly what's going to happen, there going
      to preach and prophesy in my name. They do! In my name there gonna
      work miracles, they do. In my name they cast out devils, they do! And
      then they deny Him. Jesus said look out for them, because they’re
      here! And they are here now. They are on our television sets our
      radios and print.

      Now the question is, will you tolerate it? We should be bombarding TBN
      and every Christian channel that produces and distributes this stuff.
      And we should be telling them we will not support the doctrine of the
      Anti-Christ. You may not do this with my money, and furthermore I'm
      not going to send any money. And then in addition to that I'm going to
      actively discourage everybody I know from sending you any money. And
      when you hold financial support they listen, but not until.

      So I'm suggesting over the Bible Answer Man program that we start
      holding support to people and ministries that do this. And I'm going
      to get a lot of flak, you’re going to hear a lot of people coming
      after me, and I want you to know, I could care less. This is the
      TRUTH, what I'm telling you is the truth and if it is a voice crying
      in the wilderness it’s the truth. And the Holy Spirit will see to it
      that they will listen. Because I am a prophetic voice in this and have
      been for decades, of course I don't for a moment believe I am a
      prophet, anymore than I believe I am an apostle. I'm a teacher, but
      you can speak with a prophetic voice, you can exercise apostolic
      office in given situations.

      Believe me we’re in trouble, and if we don't something about really
      quickly your going to be in more trouble than you know what to do
      with. Because people keep accepting these as Christian
      representatives. What we’re getting is the doctrine of anti-Christ. If
      you deny that you don't know your Bible.

      Jesus says through Copeland "I never claimed to be God." That is not
      the Jesus of the Bible, you want me to tell you who it is, turn in
      your Bible to 2 Cor.11, I will tell you who it is. V.3 "But I fear,
      lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your
      minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if
      he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, … a
      different spirit … a different gospel" ….Then he goes on to say that
      there are false apostles, deceitful workman who transform themselves
      on the outside to look like the ministers of Christ but inwardly you
      are dealing with the imitation of Satan.

      I don't bring judgment or play God, that is not my role or yours. But
      if Jesus Christ said it and the New Testament teaches it and it is
      Biblical theology and we reiterate what the text says we are not
      playing God, we are being faithful to what God said.

      Is Kenneth Copeland a Christian? If he is a Christian let him repent!
      Let him apologize to the church, let him forsake these false
      doctrines. He is not a God, he lies when he says anyone in the Church
      is a God. He lies when he says Jesus Christ gave him this prophesy,
      this did not come from the Lord Jesus Christ.

      The apostle Paul calls Jesus our great God and savior Titus 2:13. Acts
      chapter 20 which I just read says, God purchased the Church with his
      own blood. Well who died on the cross? God in human flesh and
      purchased the Church with his own blood. The whole new testament
      declares the deity of Jesus Christ. "In the beginning was the word and
      the word with God and the word was God." And Kenneth Copeland knows it
      as well as I do! But he's denying it, when you take your eyes off
      Scripture as the criterion for authority and you place it on
      experience and on people, and on revelations, and on messages that
      allegedly come from God, you are a set up for deception, you’re made
      for it. Because you don't have any way to check it. But you must check it.

      The title of his article is "Take time to pray." That’s the title
      "Take time to pray." No take time to obey, take time to obey Christ
      and to obey him is to proclaim him Lord of all. I am the alpha and
      omega the beginning and the end the first and the last the Almighty
      Rev. 1:7-8. Who is He? "He is coming with Clouds and every eye shall
      see him and he is the almighty." Well that’s what Christ said about
      himself. Thomas said my Lord and my Jehovah. And worships him and
      Jesus said because you have seen me you believe Blessed is they that
      have not seen and believe.

      Kenneth Copeland quoted every one of these verses and then in a
      prophecy originating with Jesus Christ he can deny the identity of
      Jesus Christ. You are now dealing with false prophets. I don’t presume
      to judge the eternal destiny of men that is not our task but I will
      tell you one thing Biblically speaking If you say you are Christ’s
      property then you have Christ’s spirit. Romans 8:9. And whoever does
      not have Christ’s spirit is not Christ’s property. Christ’s spirit
      does not deny Jesus Christ. Christ’s spirit exalts him. This is a
      denial of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is Jesus speaking "I never said
      I was God, never claimed to be God." No that’s a lie, "let God be true
      and every man a liar."

      I want a repudiation of this and a removal of these men from the
      Trinity Broadcasting Network station until they apologize to the
      Christian Church and repent of this evil. And if they won’t, then it
      must be the task of the Christian Church to oppose them vigorously,
      publicly. And tell it to the whole Church. And read this until people
      can’t stand to hear it anymore. Until they will act on it. Don’t you
      dare talk about fidelity to Jesus Christ, and love to Jesus Christ and
      allegiance to Jesus Christ and sit by while men deny him! You’re gonna
      be consistent then be consistent in obedience.

      You may sit here and say "You sound very angry!" I am. I may be one of
      God’s last angry men, but I’m angry for the right reason. I’m in the
      presence of the doctrines of the anti-Christ and I plan to be angry
      that way the rest of my life. And if you don’t hear me angry about
      those kinds of doctrines please come and tell me as quickly as
      possible, because I have defected from the ministry.

      So I’m going to ask you to covenant with me in prayer that God will
      bring Kenneth Copeland to repentance for this blasphemy and there may
      be a open apology and repudiation of it in the Christian Church. And
      then until this is done we will remain constant in prayer and we will
      not support what we know to be evil doctrine. If we do that God will
      bless us and honor us, if we don’t do it were gonna reap an awful harvest.

      This morning was a very difficult message to preach, the warnings of
      God. Because whenever you talk this way you bound to be misinterpreted
      and people are bound to think somehow or another you’ve got some ax to
      grind and your after somebody’s neck. I’m not but if I sit still in
      the presence of the doctrine of antichrist I’m an accessory to those
      doctrines and I fall under the condemnation of Acts chpt.20.

      If you go further into revelation chpt.2 later on, you will find that
      the Holy Spirit commends the Church in Ephesus, above all the seven
      Churches because they tested these people, just as Paul told them to
      and they found out they were liars. And the Spirit says, good job, you
      did what you were suppose to do and he commends the Ephesians for it.

      May God make us faithful in the tradition of the Ephesians. The lord
      Jesus Christ paid the price for all sin on the cross. The Lord Jesus
      Christ rose victoriously from the dead for our redemption we are saved
      by his life. The Lord Jesus Christ has given us spirit so we can walk
      with him, he has also given us his spirit so we might discern evil, as
      well as good."