Hophni and Phinehas

    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2007

      It would seem that whenever pastors who were produced by the Wayman O. discipleship program committed adultery that they would claim to be "just like David."  This is also used as an argument as to why these men should be "restored."

      Actually, they are nothing like King David.  David committed adultery one time in his 70 year life span and payed dearly for it.  David never blamed Bathsheba.  David truly repented and never did it again.

      Fellowship preachers who are busted for adultery typically have been doing it for a while.  One man in a leadership position in England was at it for four and a half years before he was caught.  Fellowship pastors, having been trained by the ultimately corrupt Wayman O., will almost always blame the woman for inticing them.  Many who have been "restored" have done it again.  Clearly, they are nothing like David.

      The sons of Eli, however, are more of a type of these adulterous pastors in the fellowship of Wayman O.  Hophni and Phinehas displayed the same kind of "ministry" that fellowship pastors often have.

      There is an interesting link in two things, both related to arrogance, that we see in Eli's sons.  The link is the exploitation of people for some kind of money or wealth, and the exploitaion of a position that allows them to take advantage of women.  Consider the following.

      1 Samuel 2:12-17

      Now the sons of Eli were worthless men; they did not know the LORD and the custom of the priests with the people. When any man was offering a sacrifice, the priest's servant would come while the meat was boiling, with a three-pronged fork in his hand. Then he would thrust it into the pan, or kettle, or caldron, or pot; all that the fork brought up the priest would take for himself. Thus they did in Shiloh to all the Israelites who came there. Also, before they burned the fat, the priest's servant would come and say to the man who was sacrificing, "Give the priest meat for roasting, as he will not take boiled meat from you, only raw." If the man said to him, "They must surely burn the fat first, and then take as much as you desire," then he would say, "No, but you shall give it to me now; and if not, I will take it by force." Thus the sin of the young men was very great before the LORD, for the men despised the offering of the LORD.

      There were certain practices that the Israelites were supposed to follow when giving their sacrificial offerings, and practices that the priests were supposed to follow as well.  None of that for Hophni and Phinehas.  They wanted what they wanted now.  What is interesting was their threat to "take it by force," that is, they wanted part of the meat before it was roasted, which was against the Law of Moses.  Consider the brutal offerings that the fellowship takes.  They literally wrench money out of people with threats that if they don't give God will curse them, etc.  There is an extreme arrogance in how they deal with the people in the churches about giving money, and it was the same with Hophni and Phinehas when the people came to sacrifice to the LORD.  They take it by force.

      Now consider this:

      1 Samuel 2:22

      Now Eli was very old; and he heard all that his sons were doing to all Israel, and how they lay with the women who served at the doorway of the tent of meeting.

      When men in a position of spiritual leadership become corrupt they will exploit people for money, and they will exploit women for sex.  The two go hand in hand. Hophni and Phinehas would not only steal the offering, they would use their position to have sex with the women who served at the tent of meeting.  Put that in modern context and you have the women who are serving at the church.

      There are endless stories of pastors, who are the product of Wayman O.'s discipleship program, getting caught with women from the church.  One story that always amused me was the one where a guy hid out after prayer meeting because he suspected the pastor was getting it on with the girl who was cleaning the church.  Sure enough, as the pastor stayed at church to "study," the cleaning girl showed up and they began to, umm, mate.  The guy who hid himself popped out and said, "Hi."  Of course we all know about pastors who go out of town, alone, to motel rooms to "study."

      Another facet of the Hophni and Phinehas story is that Eli would not judge them.  He let them stay in ministry and only gave them a mild talking to.

      1 Samuel 2:27-29

      Then a man of God came to Eli and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Did I not indeed reveal Myself to the house of your father when they were in Egypt in bondage to Pharaoh's house? Did I not choose them from all the tribes of Israel to be My priests, to go up to My altar, to burn incense, to carry an ephod before Me; and did I not give to the house of your father all the fire offerings of the sons of Israel? Why do you kick at My sacrifice and at My offering which I have commanded in My dwelling, and honor your sons above Me, by making yourselves fat with the choicest of every offering of My people Israel?'...

      Eli wouldn't judge his sons because Eli was corrupt too.  He no doubt was enjoying some of the stolen offerings as well.  The LORD says to Eli that he is included in the sin of making himself fat with the offerings of the sons of Israel. So how could Eli judge his sons?

      Lord Wayman the First seems all too willing to sweep adultery under the carpet for men who are part of his corrupt tithing and offering pyramid.  If a man has the ability to at least maintain a fellowship church and keep the money flowing to the top, then what does Waymanchrist care if that pastor ruined some woman's life?  He will only take those men out of ministry when the matter becomes too well known, and he will "restore" them to a ministry position at his earliest convenience. That is because he benefits from these men.  Just as Eli was not going to remove Hophni and Phinehas, neither is Boob Man Mitch going really judge pastors for something like adultery.  Not as long as they are a benefit to him.

      Hophni and Phinehas were eventually killed by the Philistines.  I have to wonder if one of these arrogant pastors is going to mess with the wrong guy's wife one day.  Maybe some non Christian husband's wife.  It is a dangerous game they are playing.

      I have said this before but I think that the adultery that we know about amongst fellowship pastors is only the tip of the iceberg.  These "pastors" are nothing more than arrogant religious leaders who have no fear of any particular Deity, other than, perhaps, Waymanchrist.  They take full advantage of their position as a "spiritual leader."  They are quite wicked.