Back from Iraq

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005

      Here is a post by bisquitlips posted on Escape From the Fellowship.

      All,

      I have made it back from Iraq and wanted to thank all of you for your prayers. Outside of a few motar and rocket attacks the trip was a good one.

      Thanks again,

      Rick

      www.slamthedoor.org

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005

        [All,

        I have made it back from Iraq and wanted to thank all of you for your prayers. Outside of a few motar and rocket attacks the trip was a good
        one.

        Thanks again,

        Rick]

        Glad you made it back OK, Rick.  Tell me, did you get to mingle with the natives at all?  If so, what were they like?  Do they resent the American presense or do they like us being there?

        Also, do you ever hear from some of your old comrades who remained in Waymanland?  It seems unlikely, but I thought I would ask.

        Welcome back to the USA.

        www.slamthedoor.org

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005

          Here is a post by bisquitlips posted on Escape From the Fellowship.

          Hi Ken,

          Yes, I mixed with the Iraqis quite a few times. Actually the people that I interacted with were far from resentful of the American forces there. I was warmly greeted by all of them I met and they are
          relieved that we are there. They sense the freedom and the absence of fear from Sadam and are grateful to the US for our efforts and have no problem showing their appreciation.

          In Tallil the native people there actually turned in 5 insurgents that were setting up rockets in a dry creek bed to fire on our base. Our troops were able to capture them before they were able to launch the rockets because of the towns people and their help to our troops. The resentful natives are the vast minority and I never met any Iraqis that even hinted that they were unhappy about being free. I must admit that I was surprised at their acceptence as I expected the opposite.

          No, I do not ever hear from anyone in the Fellowship. I do keep in touch with Hank from time to time and keep up with the church in Santa Fe.

          Rick

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
            No, I do not ever hear from anyone in the [Fellowship. I do keep in touch with Hank from time to time and keep up with the church in
            Santa Fe.

            Rick]

            Figures.  I heard Les Uptight really went to work on getting Houghton's other guys to stay with the fellowship.  I have to wonder about guys like Lobato who were so into Houghton at one time.

            So, how is Hank these days?  How is the church in Santa Fe doing?  I can't ever remember who Mitch sent in to split the Santa Fe church.  I don't think it is someone I know.

            Anyway, respond as you are inclined and as time allows.  Thanks.

            www.slamthedoor.org

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005

              Here is a post by bisquitlips posted on Escape From the Fellowship.

              Last I heard the SF church was around 100 people and growing again.

              Les was not doing well from the last reports I received. I sincerely hope this is not true. Les was my friend for many years and I can only wish he and Sally well.

              Louie is doing well as I understand it.

              www.slamthedoor.org