525Re: PH pastor Threaterns legal action

  • miguel_hayworth
    Aug 10, 2009
      From:
      "J Onel" <joang78@...>
      Add sender to Contacts
      To:
      miguel@...
      Cc:
      thefirstplumblinechurch@..., webmaster@..., ssimpson@...
      Thanks for getting back to me Miguel.

      Miguel the PH church in Manor Park operates as a separate church, and does not have its own website? Furthermore, how do you verify if the 'various sources' are reporting the truth and not replicating a mood from the other sites/ or experiences of others (or simply have an agenda)? Miguel, I was never personally challenged (or even rebuked!) by any of the 'reporters' regarding the allegations presented on your site...as the saying goes 'I was damned if I did, damned if I didn't!'.. this was an unscriptural approach to addressing issues...it is so unfair...These are the things that makes this kind of reporting and publication seem biased if not disingenuous.

      I appreciate what you /your website is trying to do, but you might need to incorporate some further checks and balances to the way your report so it looks more civil and trustworthy. e.g.. a consent policy, challenging the church/minister about the issues raised before they are published, inviting the church/minister to provide a rebuttal to the allegations/claims etc.... are just a few thing you could consider. This could make your site more robust and engaging.

      I will still go ahead an investigate this situation with legal simply to verify the citations you have provided below are in context. (This is what I expect you to do with information you receive from reporters before you publish).

      Thanks again for responding and I hope you can see where I am coming from on this matter. I will be in touch very soon.

      God bless.
      John

      Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:16:40 +0000
      From: miguel@...
      Subject: Re: Pator John Onelum - www.firstplumbline.net/.../thepottershouseinsidemanorpark.html
      To: joang78@...

      Under Criticism and news reporting. section of the UK copyright law this is permissible, The Text used, Photos and quotations, that are referenced from PH website and other varied sources are for non-commercial research/news reporting/education and Criticism there is no profit or finacial gain from any of the work used in any of the website material.

      UK FAIR DEALING On Copyright LAW

      http://www.ipo.gov.uk/copy/c-manage/c-
      useenforce/c-useenforce-use/c-useenforce-
      use-exception.htm

      Definition of fair dealing
      "Fair dealing" means the right granted by copyright
      laws to reproduce limited portions of copyrighted
      works without infringing the legitimate interest of the
      authors or copyright owners. This right exists in the
      UK and other regions whose copyright ordinances are
      derived from the UK (such as Australia, Canada, New
      Zealand and Hong Kong). In the US, the term "fair use"
      is adopted.

      Fair dealing is a term used to describe acts
      which are permitted to a certain degree
      without infringing the work, these acts are:
      ° Private and research study purposes.

      ° Performance, copies or lending for
      educational purposes.

      ° Criticism and news reporting.

      ° Incidental inclusion.

      ° Copies and lending by librarians.

      ° Acts for the purposes of royal commissions,
      statutory enquiries, judicial proceedings and
      parliamentary purposes.

      ° Recording of broadcasts for the purposes of
      listening to or viewing at a more convenient
      time, this is known as time shifting.

      ° Producing a back up copy for personal use of
      a computer program.

      ° Playing sound recording for a non profit
      making organisation, club or society.
      (Profit making organisations and individuals should
      obtain a license from the Performing Rights Society.)