Sioux City Game Day

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2004
      Dear gamers and friends of MAGE;
      There will be a Sioux City Game Day this coming
      Saturday 5 June 2004 at the Marina Inn beginning at
      10:00am CDT and ending at midnight. We have the 3
      Salons upstairs as usual.
      Scheduled for certain is a Napoleon's Battles
      miniatures game, pitting a Revolutionary French army
      circa 1794 against a Disciplined but small Prussian
      army. This game is for anyone who would like to try
      their hand at an Historical Ministures game. It is 8
      turns long but my playtests have made it much shorter
      and it can play in a single afternoon.
      Following the Napoleon's Battles game I will be
      preparing for the LARP in the park. Weather permitting
      the vampires will drive to the Anderson Dance
      Pavillion across the bridge for some outdoor LARP fun.
      Other games rumored to be taking place are Clan
      War and maybe a WWII historical game courtesy of Jim
      Lurvey in commeration of D-Day.
      If anyone stays at the Marina Inn overnight be
      sure to mention that you are with MAGE and you will
      receive the Convention rate for rooms which is $64 for
      up to 4 occupants.
      Respectfully yours,
      David Glewwe
      MAGE
      PS: if you want to run a game of any type, post it to
      the MAGE page message center or reply to this e-mail.
      DG

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 3, 2004
        There was a double-booking for the upstairs salons,
        and the Marina Inn has moved our Game Day to the Orion
        Ballroom, to the left of the hotel lobby on the main
        floor. There is a wedding next door, so please be
        mindful that we cannot disturb the wedding party.
        Hours are the same, 10:00am to midnight, and the LARP
        in the park is still a go weather permitting.
        DG

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
          This Sunday, 4 December 2005, from 10am until 10pm,
          there will be a MAGE Game Day at the Marina Inn
          Salons. Yes, this is a Sunday! (due to the Marina Inn
          playing host to several company Christmas Parties so
          we have to pick a Sunday date)

          On the Agenda:
          1.The usual (and oft times unusual) games brought by
          the usual set of suspects.

          2. Flames of War WWII 15mm Miniatures game run by Dave
          Glewwe.
          If you've ever wanted to try an historical miniatures
          game but were daunted by rules and game length, then
          give FoW a try. Games take up to 2.5 hours max. Simple
          rules yet realistic Tactics from history. Dave will be
          putting on an Introductory game (no experience
          necessary!) set in the desert of North Africa circa
          1942. Fight either as a Company Commander of the famed
          Desert Fox's Deutsche Afrika Korps, or the British 8th
          Army under "Monty". (Can you say Artillery?) Game will
          be set up and start right after Dave's fantasy
          baseball series is finished, early afternoon. Target
          time: 2pm.

          3. Vampire LARP = Siouxland By Night. After an
          event-filled Halloween Party, the local Kindred gather
          at the end of the year to assess the current Political
          Situation, the relationship with the Giovanni Clan (is
          there one anymore?) and the remnants of the Crimson
          knights and other nefarious plots and twists that
          threaten the Masquerade. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Mad
          Step Dad and his "disappearance" after the Halloween
          Party. What's up wit' 'dat?"

          Come one, come all, to the last Game Day of 2005 in
          Sioux City.
          BTW: The Marina Inn Exhibit Hall is being remodeled!
          Yes! True! No lie! It isn't even the big blue barn
          anymore. Good news for MAGE Cons in 2006 and beyond.

          DG

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
            Dear Gamers;
            There will be MAGE Game Day this Sunday, December
            3rd at the Marina Inn Salons beginning at 10am and
            ending at 10pm (because some of us have to get up in
            the morning and go to work).
            Scheduled events are fantasy baseball from the
            Motor City League, Flames of War North Africa
            Campaign, Posibly an Empire of the Petal Throne game,
            and the usual Vampire LARP, which will hopefully begin
            at 4pm with character creation and then begin play
            around 5pm due to the sun setting earlier.
            If you would like to put on your favorite game,
            post it on the message board of the mage-page.com.
            DG

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com