explanation of what we do, kinda...

  • Ruler Of Carpathia
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003

      What is Vampire: The Masquerade?

      Vampire: The Masquerade is a storytelling game of personal horror.

      What's a "storytelling game?"

      A role-playing game with a colon in the title.

      How does it work?

      Players take on the roles of undead members of a mysterious world of
      nocturnal intrigue and Gothic-Punk attitude.

      What's a "Gothic-Punk"?

      Someone who gets laughed at by goths and punks.

      There are people in black lace playing paper-rock-scissors outside my
      window. Should I be alarmed?

      Heavens no. They're just playing the live-action version of V:tM. In it,
      they dress up as their characters and act out their interactions.

      Do they actually gnaw each other's necks, then?

      No. Touching is not allowed.

      What the hell is the point, then?

      You got me.

      Can you play something other than a vampire?

      Sure. You can get the rules in related games like "Werewolf: the
      Apocalypse," "Wraith: the Oblivion," and "Changeling: The Dreaming."

      How about "Bigfoot: The Malodorousness"?

      I wouldn't be surprised.

      Or "Swamp Monster: The Moistening"?

      Sure. Anything's possible.

      Or, or how about "Alanis: The Morissette"?

      Yeah, yeah, we get the idea.

      I bet you can buy all sorts of expansion crap, can't you?

      You betcha. Settings like "
      Chicago by Night" and the much thinner "Montreal
      by Night," write-ups of important people in the bloodsucking industry,
      special dice, the whole kabuki.

      Vampire dice?

      Yeah. They're all marbled and dark-looking, for people who like their random
      numbers to reflect their tortured soul.

      Hey, wait a sec. Wasn't there a TV show based on "Vampire: The Masquerade"?

      We don't like to talk about it.

      Yeah! Now I remember! It was called "The Embrace" or something. Man. That
      was a stinker.

      Drop it.

      I bet you're all pissed that "Buffy" got so popular and your show sank like
      a lead orc figurine, aren't you?

      Drop it, I said.

      Oh, I've got another one! "House Painter: The Masking Tape."

      Go away.

      I found this here http://www.brunching.com a long time ago

    • Ruler Of Carpathia
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003

        So anyway, in case you didn’t know, im Chuck, the guy that plays Pack, so here’s an idea, what if we had a website that had each persons char and a pic of each person in char, and maybe a short bio? That’d be cool right? Post thoughts and comments here

      • dravende15th
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
          Sure, that wouldnt be bad.
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
            Sure, that wouldn't be bad. Who's going to run the
            website?
            As Always I Remain,
            Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,
            Alan Richards
            Toreador Elder and Justicar
            Siouxland by Night Storyteller
            --- dravende15th <MajestyAwaits@...> wrote:
            > Sure, that wouldnt be bad.

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Talina Fargo
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
              I know a lot of sites that have that sort of thing up. Especially One World
              By Night. We just need to find someone with computer skill....I mean...
              Someone that knows websites and has the ambition and time and dedication and
              such. I'd nominate Michelle R....;)
              Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
              Thank you all for a great weekend!!!!!!
              -Miranda

              From: "Ruler Of Carpathia" <cthemm@...>
              To: <slaa@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [slaa] an idea
              Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 04:04:21 -0500

              So anyway, in case you didn't know, im Chuck, the guy that plays Pack,
              so here's an idea, what if we had a website that had each persons char
              and a pic of each person in char, and maybe a short bio? That'd be cool
              right? Post thoughts and comments here

              http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental
            • Ruby Dalton
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
                Chuck,
                Sounds great, and good luck.  I would offer my services as a coder, but I suck.  no pun intended.
                Ruby  aka Constance

                So anyway, in case you didn�t know, im Chuck, the guy that plays Pack, so here�s an idea, what if we had a website that had each persons char and a pic of each person in char, and maybe a short bio? That�d be cool right? Post thoughts and comments here

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • Ruler Of Carpathia
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003

                  Ok, so I’ll work on it, also, if anyone wants to help, lemme know at this address cthemm@...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 6, 2003
                    Ok I'll put one up. Someone give me a good domain name.