last nights vampire game

  • Richie
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2003
      Hey Dave,
      Well I'm sure Corey has probuly talked to you but
      heres my two cents about everything.
      The internal sabbat stuff went great, they diabed the
      bishop(finally) and came to the realization that Rahab
      dident die at vermin con. They are keeping there hopes
      up about the Sabbat, even thouh noone in the sect is
      communcateing w/ them at this point in time.
      They came in talked w/ Bryce, got threatened and
      then left the city about 11:15, because lets face it
      everyone was telling them that the brujha justicar
      wants them dead. Heres where some things started to
      get a little messy.

      First I had to anwser some rules questions reguarding
      Mary useing willpower to retest, several times, and
      trying to tell people that you can bid your nature for
      a retest. Thats all bullshit, Crystal came to very
      upset becaause Mary(playing Isis) used that bidding
      nature thing for a retest and all of a sudden everyone
      in the city knows all about the Daughters...To me the
      whole situation seems like alot of metagameing was
      going on with that issue. Because if you tell a
      kindred theres a daughter in the area, unless they
      have have kindred lore 3 or 4, there not going to know
      what your talking about.
      I dont mean to ramble on, but i think it needs to be
      addressed about the order of challenges and noted that
      you cant bid your nature for a retest.

      Second we had to deal with a pissed off Becky. I
      understand the charicter she is sposed to be playing,
      but it just seems wrong that an NPC would be mad at a
      storyteller and demand that i pull the sabbat pack
      back in after they had been gone for 30-40 min. and
      them as players were getting ready to leave. Just so
      she could yell at them and make demands. I'm not sure
      how to handle it when an NPC seems to be makeing a
      very active attempt to quash an entire plotline withen
      the game, and worse still the player is mad because we
      were leaving to go get coffee.

      I know this has carried on for to long but I think i
      needed to vent a bit and let you know all my concerns.
      I guess this is what you and Corey deal with all the
      time though.

      Later Dave
      Richie

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2003
        ok that was sposed to be a personal corespondence with
        Dave and myself, about game issues. It somehow managed
        to send to my entire mailing list so please disreguard
        it as it pertaines in no way to a charicter post of
        anykind nor dose it need feedback of anykind from
        anyone on the message board.
        Once again i appolgize for this being posted to the
        group.

        -Richie

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 29, 2003
          August 2nd 2004 at the Marina Inn from 10 am until
          midnight is a Game Day. It is the last game Day in
          Sioux City before MAGE Con South XVIII.
          This is a perfect time to playtest that game you were
          going to GM at South. So come on down.
          There will be the usual Vampire LARP in the evening,
          starting about 7pm or so.
          Also, if you haven't received a pre-reg flyer in the
          mail yet, I will bring some extras to the Game Day. I
          will also take pre-registrations for the con.
          We will also ne soliciting help for Security slots for
          South. See Charles Themm about security slots.
          Respectfully submitted,
          David Glewwe

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 31, 2004
            There will be a Game Day at the Marina Inn, South
            Sioux City, Nebraska on April 3rd, 2004, from 10:00am
            until midnight. This is a great chance to playtest
            that game/event you're going to GM at MAGE Spring Con
            2004. Bring your favorite game to play too.
            There will be the usual Vampire LARP in the evening,
            beginning at 7:00pm with character sheet handouts and
            new character creation.
            I have to work in the morning and do some Con stuff in
            Sioux City so I will be there around 1:00pm hopefully.
            Respectfully yours,
            David Glewwe
            PS: bring your $20 and you can pre-register at the
            Game Day! I'll have some extra pre-reg flyers there if
            you didn't get one in the mail.
            Nick Z. and Adam, I don't have current mailing
            addreses for you so no flyers were mailed to you.
            DG
            DG

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 2, 2004
              Dear gamers and friends of MAGE;
              There will be a Sioux City Game Day this coming
              Saturday 5 June 2004 at the Marina Inn beginning at
              10:00am CDT and ending at midnight. We have the 3
              Salons upstairs as usual.
              Scheduled for certain is a Napoleon's Battles
              miniatures game, pitting a Revolutionary French army
              circa 1794 against a Disciplined but small Prussian
              army. This game is for anyone who would like to try
              their hand at an Historical Ministures game. It is 8
              turns long but my playtests have made it much shorter
              and it can play in a single afternoon.
              Following the Napoleon's Battles game I will be
              preparing for the LARP in the park. Weather permitting
              the vampires will drive to the Anderson Dance
              Pavillion across the bridge for some outdoor LARP fun.
              Other games rumored to be taking place are Clan
              War and maybe a WWII historical game courtesy of Jim
              Lurvey in commeration of D-Day.
              If anyone stays at the Marina Inn overnight be
              sure to mention that you are with MAGE and you will
              receive the Convention rate for rooms which is $64 for
              up to 4 occupants.
              Respectfully yours,
              David Glewwe
              MAGE
              PS: if you want to run a game of any type, post it to
              the MAGE page message center or reply to this e-mail.
              DG

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 3, 2004
                There was a double-booking for the upstairs salons,
                and the Marina Inn has moved our Game Day to the Orion
                Ballroom, to the left of the hotel lobby on the main
                floor. There is a wedding next door, so please be
                mindful that we cannot disturb the wedding party.
                Hours are the same, 10:00am to midnight, and the LARP
                in the park is still a go weather permitting.
                DG

                http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
                  This Sunday, 4 December 2005, from 10am until 10pm,
                  there will be a MAGE Game Day at the Marina Inn
                  Salons. Yes, this is a Sunday! (due to the Marina Inn
                  playing host to several company Christmas Parties so
                  we have to pick a Sunday date)

                  On the Agenda:
                  1.The usual (and oft times unusual) games brought by
                  the usual set of suspects.

                  2. Flames of War WWII 15mm Miniatures game run by Dave
                  Glewwe.
                  If you've ever wanted to try an historical miniatures
                  game but were daunted by rules and game length, then
                  give FoW a try. Games take up to 2.5 hours max. Simple
                  rules yet realistic Tactics from history. Dave will be
                  putting on an Introductory game (no experience
                  necessary!) set in the desert of North Africa circa
                  1942. Fight either as a Company Commander of the famed
                  Desert Fox's Deutsche Afrika Korps, or the British 8th
                  Army under "Monty". (Can you say Artillery?) Game will
                  be set up and start right after Dave's fantasy
                  baseball series is finished, early afternoon. Target
                  time: 2pm.

                  3. Vampire LARP = Siouxland By Night. After an
                  event-filled Halloween Party, the local Kindred gather
                  at the end of the year to assess the current Political
                  Situation, the relationship with the Giovanni Clan (is
                  there one anymore?) and the remnants of the Crimson
                  knights and other nefarious plots and twists that
                  threaten the Masquerade. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Mad
                  Step Dad and his "disappearance" after the Halloween
                  Party. What's up wit' 'dat?"

                  Come one, come all, to the last Game Day of 2005 in
                  Sioux City.
                  BTW: The Marina Inn Exhibit Hall is being remodeled!
                  Yes! True! No lie! It isn't even the big blue barn
                  anymore. Good news for MAGE Cons in 2006 and beyond.

                  DG

                  __________________________________
                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
                    Dear Gamers;
                    There will be MAGE Game Day this Sunday, December
                    3rd at the Marina Inn Salons beginning at 10am and
                    ending at 10pm (because some of us have to get up in
                    the morning and go to work).
                    Scheduled events are fantasy baseball from the
                    Motor City League, Flames of War North Africa
                    Campaign, Posibly an Empire of the Petal Throne game,
                    and the usual Vampire LARP, which will hopefully begin
                    at 4pm with character creation and then begin play
                    around 5pm due to the sun setting earlier.
                    If you would like to put on your favorite game,
                    post it on the message board of the mage-page.com.
                    DG

                    http://new.mail.yahoo.com