Sioux City Game Day

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2002
      I will be coming to the game day at the Marina Inn
      sometime mid-afternoon or early afternoon. I have to
      work and have dog-stting duties.
      I plan on bringing the Vampire LARP stuff (of course)
      as well as MCL baseball stuff and Lord of the Rings
      including the Sauron Expansion (Sauron is NASTY!)
      DG

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2003
        There will be a Sioux City Game Day this Saturday,
        March 1st, at the Marina Inn, South Sioux City,
        Nebraska, beginnibg at 10am until midnight.
        If you would like to run a game let me know in the
        next couple of days so I can post it to the group.
        There will be a Vampire LARP beginning at about 7pm.
        The continuing Siouxland by Night Storyline is sure to
        have some unexpected twists and turns.
        NOTE: the May 3rd Game Day date has been changed to
        May 10th so we don;t conflict with the Vermillion Game
        Day.
        Respectfully yours,
        David Glewwe

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 27, 2003
          Dear Gamers,
          because this is the last weekend of our company's
          very important research project, I will be working all
          morning. I will be at the Game Day by mid-afternoon.
          The Marina Inn has been told about table and chair
          set-up, but if there is something not to your liking
          about the set-up go ahead and change it. I'll be there
          for the LARP. In the meantime, everyone have a good
          time.
          Sci-Fi Kingdom (John Spitz) has some of his usual good
          games to put on so be sure to check them out.
          DG

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Richie
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 2 10:34 AM
            Hey Dave,
            Well I'm sure Corey has probuly talked to you but
            heres my two cents about everything.
            The internal sabbat stuff went great, they diabed the
            bishop(finally) and came to the realization that Rahab
            dident die at vermin con. They are keeping there hopes
            up about the Sabbat, even thouh noone in the sect is
            communcateing w/ them at this point in time.
            They came in talked w/ Bryce, got threatened and
            then left the city about 11:15, because lets face it
            everyone was telling them that the brujha justicar
            wants them dead. Heres where some things started to
            get a little messy.

            First I had to anwser some rules questions reguarding
            Mary useing willpower to retest, several times, and
            trying to tell people that you can bid your nature for
            a retest. Thats all bullshit, Crystal came to very
            upset becaause Mary(playing Isis) used that bidding
            nature thing for a retest and all of a sudden everyone
            in the city knows all about the Daughters...To me the
            whole situation seems like alot of metagameing was
            going on with that issue. Because if you tell a
            kindred theres a daughter in the area, unless they
            have have kindred lore 3 or 4, there not going to know
            what your talking about.
            I dont mean to ramble on, but i think it needs to be
            addressed about the order of challenges and noted that
            you cant bid your nature for a retest.

            Second we had to deal with a pissed off Becky. I
            understand the charicter she is sposed to be playing,
            but it just seems wrong that an NPC would be mad at a
            storyteller and demand that i pull the sabbat pack
            back in after they had been gone for 30-40 min. and
            them as players were getting ready to leave. Just so
            she could yell at them and make demands. I'm not sure
            how to handle it when an NPC seems to be makeing a
            very active attempt to quash an entire plotline withen
            the game, and worse still the player is mad because we
            were leaving to go get coffee.

            I know this has carried on for to long but I think i
            needed to vent a bit and let you know all my concerns.
            I guess this is what you and Corey deal with all the
            time though.

            Later Dave
            Richie

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2 1:15 PM
              ok that was sposed to be a personal corespondence with
              Dave and myself, about game issues. It somehow managed
              to send to my entire mailing list so please disreguard
              it as it pertaines in no way to a charicter post of
              anykind nor dose it need feedback of anykind from
              anyone on the message board.
              Once again i appolgize for this being posted to the
              group.

              -Richie

              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 29, 2003
                August 2nd 2004 at the Marina Inn from 10 am until
                midnight is a Game Day. It is the last game Day in
                Sioux City before MAGE Con South XVIII.
                This is a perfect time to playtest that game you were
                going to GM at South. So come on down.
                There will be the usual Vampire LARP in the evening,
                starting about 7pm or so.
                Also, if you haven't received a pre-reg flyer in the
                mail yet, I will bring some extras to the Game Day. I
                will also take pre-registrations for the con.
                We will also ne soliciting help for Security slots for
                South. See Charles Themm about security slots.
                Respectfully submitted,
                David Glewwe

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 31 8:14 PM
                  There will be a Game Day at the Marina Inn, South
                  Sioux City, Nebraska on April 3rd, 2004, from 10:00am
                  until midnight. This is a great chance to playtest
                  that game/event you're going to GM at MAGE Spring Con
                  2004. Bring your favorite game to play too.
                  There will be the usual Vampire LARP in the evening,
                  beginning at 7:00pm with character sheet handouts and
                  new character creation.
                  I have to work in the morning and do some Con stuff in
                  Sioux City so I will be there around 1:00pm hopefully.
                  Respectfully yours,
                  David Glewwe
                  PS: bring your $20 and you can pre-register at the
                  Game Day! I'll have some extra pre-reg flyers there if
                  you didn't get one in the mail.
                  Nick Z. and Adam, I don't have current mailing
                  addreses for you so no flyers were mailed to you.
                  DG
                  DG

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 2, 2004
                    Dear gamers and friends of MAGE;
                    There will be a Sioux City Game Day this coming
                    Saturday 5 June 2004 at the Marina Inn beginning at
                    10:00am CDT and ending at midnight. We have the 3
                    Salons upstairs as usual.
                    Scheduled for certain is a Napoleon's Battles
                    miniatures game, pitting a Revolutionary French army
                    circa 1794 against a Disciplined but small Prussian
                    army. This game is for anyone who would like to try
                    their hand at an Historical Ministures game. It is 8
                    turns long but my playtests have made it much shorter
                    and it can play in a single afternoon.
                    Following the Napoleon's Battles game I will be
                    preparing for the LARP in the park. Weather permitting
                    the vampires will drive to the Anderson Dance
                    Pavillion across the bridge for some outdoor LARP fun.
                    Other games rumored to be taking place are Clan
                    War and maybe a WWII historical game courtesy of Jim
                    Lurvey in commeration of D-Day.
                    If anyone stays at the Marina Inn overnight be
                    sure to mention that you are with MAGE and you will
                    receive the Convention rate for rooms which is $64 for
                    up to 4 occupants.
                    Respectfully yours,
                    David Glewwe
                    MAGE
                    PS: if you want to run a game of any type, post it to
                    the MAGE page message center or reply to this e-mail.
                    DG

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 3, 2004
                      There was a double-booking for the upstairs salons,
                      and the Marina Inn has moved our Game Day to the Orion
                      Ballroom, to the left of the hotel lobby on the main
                      floor. There is a wedding next door, so please be
                      mindful that we cannot disturb the wedding party.
                      Hours are the same, 10:00am to midnight, and the LARP
                      in the park is still a go weather permitting.
                      DG

                      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
                        This Sunday, 4 December 2005, from 10am until 10pm,
                        there will be a MAGE Game Day at the Marina Inn
                        Salons. Yes, this is a Sunday! (due to the Marina Inn
                        playing host to several company Christmas Parties so
                        we have to pick a Sunday date)

                        On the Agenda:
                        1.The usual (and oft times unusual) games brought by
                        the usual set of suspects.

                        2. Flames of War WWII 15mm Miniatures game run by Dave
                        Glewwe.
                        If you've ever wanted to try an historical miniatures
                        game but were daunted by rules and game length, then
                        give FoW a try. Games take up to 2.5 hours max. Simple
                        rules yet realistic Tactics from history. Dave will be
                        putting on an Introductory game (no experience
                        necessary!) set in the desert of North Africa circa
                        1942. Fight either as a Company Commander of the famed
                        Desert Fox's Deutsche Afrika Korps, or the British 8th
                        Army under "Monty". (Can you say Artillery?) Game will
                        be set up and start right after Dave's fantasy
                        baseball series is finished, early afternoon. Target
                        time: 2pm.

                        3. Vampire LARP = Siouxland By Night. After an
                        event-filled Halloween Party, the local Kindred gather
                        at the end of the year to assess the current Political
                        Situation, the relationship with the Giovanni Clan (is
                        there one anymore?) and the remnants of the Crimson
                        knights and other nefarious plots and twists that
                        threaten the Masquerade. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Mad
                        Step Dad and his "disappearance" after the Halloween
                        Party. What's up wit' 'dat?"

                        Come one, come all, to the last Game Day of 2005 in
                        Sioux City.
                        BTW: The Marina Inn Exhibit Hall is being remodeled!
                        Yes! True! No lie! It isn't even the big blue barn
                        anymore. Good news for MAGE Cons in 2006 and beyond.

                        DG

                        __________________________________
                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 30, 2006
                          Dear Gamers;
                          There will be MAGE Game Day this Sunday, December
                          3rd at the Marina Inn Salons beginning at 10am and
                          ending at 10pm (because some of us have to get up in
                          the morning and go to work).
                          Scheduled events are fantasy baseball from the
                          Motor City League, Flames of War North Africa
                          Campaign, Posibly an Empire of the Petal Throne game,
                          and the usual Vampire LARP, which will hopefully begin
                          at 4pm with character creation and then begin play
                          around 5pm due to the sun setting earlier.
                          If you would like to put on your favorite game,
                          post it on the message board of the mage-page.com.
                          DG

                          http://new.mail.yahoo.com