MAGE SpringCon 2012 follow-up

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2012
      First, a BIG Thank you to all who attended, GMed, came as guests to do art and games and LARP and Tournaments etc etc etc...
      Second, our final attendance figures were 241 registered, along with 9 dealer badges, giving a total of 250. This is up from 227 last year, so about a 10% boost.
      Thanks to Six Stones (SiS LARPers) and AEG Kotei (Bob Yager's CCG L5R tournament) which brought in 122 gamers, so 50% of our con was from their presence.
      I heard of no complaints from Marina Inn staff about our MAGE attendees so we maintain a good relationship with the hotel staff. We are easy maintenance.
      Third, I will contact Jeff Gullion asap to get the website ready for MAGE Con South. Event Registration I hope to have up and running by the middle of May, if not sooner.
      Fourth, I talked to June (my lovely wife of 38 years who works at registration desk with Cherly Kirpalani) and we thought moving the Charity Auction to Saturday night between the 7 pm end time and 8pm start time for the slots would help give the Auction a boost (BTW: we raised over $1,000 on Sunday thanks mainly to the AEG L5Rcard auction). Also, will contact Jen Decker about making the Charity Auction part of the SiS plotline with artifacts and maybe other goodies a part of their storyline.
      Suggestions? Please e-mail me.
      Also, please consider being a GM for an event or two for MCS.
      Respectfully submitted,
      David Glewwe
      Con Manager