OOC: Rulings and Transpirings

  • Levi Zarbano
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Ladies and Gents,

      Last night was pretty cool. I thank all in attendance, but most especially, me, for running it.

      A few rulings:

      A Word on Dominate: The only Dominate power that can be used in combat is Command. Final ruling on whether or not you can get eye contact in a given combat situation lies with me, the ST. My advice, use Dominate like a motherfucker out of combat to get it out of your system. Also, you will not always know you've been Dominated, or Majestied (spelling?) for that matter. You can assume that the Ventrue or Daeva are GOING to screw with your mind, but you would probably need a successful Wits+Composure to notice that you were acting funny.

      A Word on Frenzy: I recently went over the frenzy rules in-depth. Frenzy is not resisted by simply spending a willpower. If you feel that your character is going to frenzy, you must make at least one Resolve+Composure draw, with minor infractions taking only one success to resist, and more serious ones taking up to seven successions to resist (like if you lose a testicle in a knife fight with your own mother). You may, of course, spend a willpower on this draw to gain a +3. I would also like to remind players that unless they intentionally work up a frenzy under the rules of "Riding the Wave." if their characters feel a frenzy coming on, they must resist. There is no voluntarily giving into Beast on its whims. Otherwise, you'd be in constant frenzy/Wassail, and you can just hand your sheet over to me.

      A Word on Influences: Simply a reminder. Influences are being run off the old system as a guideline, and they are New Dots x 3. I will need some more information later on various influences, and I'll let you know.

      A Word on Equipment: Clear all equipment with me before it enters game.

      A Word on Hunting: If you are a character established in the city, you enter game with 2 traits down from your full pool. If you aren't or your character has been traveling extensively or been extremely busy, you have to make a draw to see how much blood you have in your system, and THEN you have to do hunting.

      Any questions, please feel free to email me or call me.

      ~Levi "The Velour Fog" Zarbano