Magecon South

  • Paul Sheldon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      I'm attempting to put together a budget for the con, in the likely
      event that I will be able to afford and attend it. I'd like to get an
      estimate from members of this board as to what the cost of a room
      would be for the extent of the event, entry fees, and such.

      So what have you guys got?
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
        room rate is $69 per night for up to 4 people per
        room. tax makes it about $73 so divide by 4 and you
        get about $18 per person per night.
        DG
        --- Paul Sheldon <cuardaim@...> wrote:

        > I'm attempting to put together a budget for the con,
        > in the likely
        > event that I will be able to afford and attend it.
        > I'd like to get an
        > estimate from members of this board as to what the
        > cost of a room
        > would be for the extent of the event, entry fees,
        > and such.
        >
        > So what have you guys got?

      • Paul Sheldon
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
          Thanks, also, I was wondering, the Thursday night Con set up. Are we
          doing that again this year. I assume so. Also, for those that are
          interested in helping, would we be receiving con rates for hotel room
          that night? If not, what would the cost for that night be?

          --- In slaa@yahoogroups.com, David Glewwe <dglewwe@...> wrote:

          > room rate is $69 per night for up to 4 people per
          > room. tax makes it about $73 so divide by 4 and you
          > get about $18 per person per night.
          > DG
          > --- Paul Sheldon <cuardaim@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm attempting to put together a budget for the con,
          > > in the likely
          > > event that I will be able to afford and attend it.
          > > I'd like to get an
          > > estimate from members of this board as to what the
          > > cost of a room
          > > would be for the extent of the event, entry fees,
          > > and such.
          > >
          > > So what have you guys got?

          > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's
          updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
            Yes, the final work session is Thursday night before
            the Con in the board room, followed by the "annual"
            pre-con vampire LARP. Room cost is con rate, $69 per
            night for up to 4 people occupancy.
            I think we will shoot for a 7pm work start. It usually
            takes about an hour or hour and a half to get the
            final work stuff done. Ruby will have a better handle
            on that as the new Con Manager as it will depend on
            what needs to be done last minute.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
              Yes, the final work session is Thursday night before
              the Con in the board room, followed by the "annual"
              pre-con vampire LARP. Room cost is con rate, $69 per
              night for up to 4 people occupancy.
              I think we will shoot for a 7pm work start. It usually
              takes about an hour or hour and a half to get the
              final work stuff done. Ruby will have a better handle
              on that as the new Con Manager as it will depend on
              what needs to be done last minute.
              DG
              --- Paul Sheldon <cuardaim@...> wrote:

              > Thanks, also, I was wondering, the Thursday night
              > Con set up. Are we
              > doing that again this year. I assume so. Also, for
              > those that are
              > interested in helping, would we be receiving con
              > rates for hotel room
              > that night? If not, what would the cost for that
              > night be?
              >
              > --- In slaa@yahoogroups.com, David Glewwe
              > <dglewwe@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > room rate is $69 per night for up to 4 people per
              > > room. tax makes it about $73 so divide by 4 and
              > you
              > > get about $18 per person per night.
              > > DG
              > > --- Paul Sheldon <cuardaim@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I'm attempting to put together a budget for the
              > con,
              > > > in the likely
              > > > event that I will be able to afford and attend
              > it.
              > > > I'd like to get an
              > > > estimate from members of this board as to what
              > the
              > > > cost of a room
              > > > would be for the extent of the event, entry
              > fees,
              > > > and such.
              > > >
              > > > So what have you guys got?

              > > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly
              > Here and Now (it's
              > updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

              http://tv.yahoo.com/
            • Paul Sheldon
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
                I think it is almost safe to say that Sean Hegdahl and I will be
                there. Unless something arises, that is.

                you all the tools to get online.