Re: [slaa] OOC: Halloween

  • S.J. Caniglia
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2006
      I would be willing to do some cooking and have some good food there.  I can also supply some decorations and show up early to get the place set.  As far as Music, Mike and I have it covered.  Also, I can help with Carving Pumpkins/.  *grins*
      Let me know if there is anything else
      Ruby

      On 9/29/06, Adem <the_universe_between@...> wrote:

      I am thinking of doing a few things for the next game.

      Assorted candy in plastic pumpkins on each table.
      Real carved pumpkins on each table.
      Orange and brown streamers decortating the room.
      Candles / goblets / strange spooky decorations all over the place.
      A kick-ass constume.

      Does anyone have some of these things they would be willing to
      volunteer for the game? Most of the stuff I am willing to pick up at
      Wal-Mart. I get a discount for working there. Anyone have any
      suggestions or words of wisdom? I may be Ventrue IC and be able to
      afford a super party but I can't ooc.

      Thanks.

      --
      The Masquerade
      Thou shall not reveal thy true nature to those not of the Blood. Doing such shall renounce thy claims of Blood.

      The Domain
      Thy domain is thy own concern. All others owe thee respect while in it. None may challenge thy word while in thy domain.

      The Progeny
      Thou shall only Sire another with the permission of thine elder. If you createst another without thine Elder's leave, both thou and thy Progeny shall be slain.

      The Accounting
      Those thou create are thine own children. Until thy Progeny shall be Released, thou shall command them in all things. Their sins are thine to endure.

      Hospitality
      Honor one another's domain. When thou comest to a foreign city, thou shall present thyself to the one who ruleth there. Without the word of acceptance, thou art nothing.

      Destruction
      Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind. The right of destruction belongeth only to thine Elder. Only the Eldest among thee shall call the Blood Hunt.
    • Adem Swanson
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
        Are we allowed to have carving tools at the Marina? I could just bring the pumpkins but then we could carve them together before the game starts at 7-8. I could be there as early as 11. does this work for people?

        I can bring the fake pumpkins and fill them with candy. I can bring the real pumpkins. I can bring some decorations and food. just the music was a major concern. thank you ruby and mike.

        I guess if we split it all up we could cover all the areas evenly. is anyone up for bobbing for apples? apples + water is prety cheap. anymore input would be helpful thanks.

        Adem

        On 9/29/06, Adem <the_universe_ between@yahoo. com> wrote:

[...]

      • ichicgo
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 2, 2006
          dont forget the red jello and fruit punch
          --- In slaa@yahoogroups.com, Adem Swanson <the_universe_between@...>
          wrote:

          > Are we allowed to have carving tools at the Marina? I could just
          bring the pumpkins but then we could carve them together before the
          game starts at 7-8. I could be there as early as 11. does this work
          for people?

          > I can bring the fake pumpkins and fill them with candy. I can
          bring the real pumpkins. I can bring some decorations and food. just
          the music was a major concern. thank you ruby and mike.

          > I guess if we split it all up we could cover all the areas
          evenly. is anyone up for bobbing for apples? apples + water is prety
          cheap. anymore input would be helpful thanks.

          > Adem
          >

          > "S.J. Caniglia" <azurevitae@...> wrote:
          > I would be willing to do some cooking and have some
          good food there. I can also supply some decorations and show up
          early to get the place set. As far as Music, Mike and I have it
          covered. Also, I can help with Carving Pumpkins/. *grins*
          > Let me know if there is anything else
          > Ruby
          >

          > On 9/29/06, Adem <the_universe_between@...> wrote:
          > I am thinking of doing a few things for the next game.
          >
          > Assorted candy in plastic pumpkins on each table.
          > Real carved pumpkins on each table.
          > Orange and brown streamers decortating the room.
          > Candles / goblets / strange spooky decorations all over the place.
          > A kick-ass constume.
          >
          > Does anyone have some of these things they would be willing to
          > volunteer for the game? Most of the stuff I am willing to pick up
          at
          > Wal-Mart. I get a discount for working there. Anyone have any
          > suggestions or words of wisdom? I may be Ventrue IC and be able to
          > afford a super party but I can't ooc.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >

          > --
          > The Masquerade
          > Thou shall not reveal thy true nature to those not of the Blood.
          Doing such shall renounce thy claims of Blood.

          > The Domain
          > Thy domain is thy own concern. All others owe thee respect while
          in it. None may challenge thy word while in thy domain.

          > The Progeny
          > Thou shall only Sire another with the permission of thine elder.
          If you createst another without thine Elder's leave, both thou and
          thy Progeny shall be slain.

          > The Accounting
          > Those thou create are thine own children. Until thy Progeny shall
          be Released, thou shall command them in all things. Their sins are
          thine to endure.

          > Hospitality
          > Honor one another's domain. When thou comest to a foreign city,
          thou shall present thyself to the one who ruleth there. Without the
          word of acceptance, thou art nothing.

          > Destruction
          > Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind. The right of
          destruction belongeth only to thine Elder. Only the Eldest among
          thee shall call the Blood Hunt.

          > ---------------------------------

        • shelly cooley
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 17, 2006

            I have a big pink bin that we can use to bob for apples in...funny story, when I worked for the church, I made the kids bob for apples out of a toilet!
            it was great, got it all on film!
            ~shelly

            "S.J. Caniglia" <azurevitae@gmail. com> wrote:
[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 17, 2006
              OOC: I don't think that for the Halloween Party LARP
              we are allowed to bring in food or "carving utensils".
              Any food used for refreshments must be supplied by the
              Marina Inn Catering/Banquets department.
              Outside food like McDonalds they don't make a fuss
              about, but we can't bring in outside food for a party.
              Also, don't bring in pumpkins to carve because of the
              potential for injury plus making a mess.
              I hate to rain on the parade, but the issue of carving
              utensils means insurance risk for MAGE and the hotel
              and we can't take that risk.
              Please don't bring them.
              Music is fine.

              On a game mechanics/logistics note, Bart Miller has
              the two "tubs" of my LARP stuff, so the Martins can
              either pick it up from Bart Miller or have him deliver
              to your house or kindly ask him to bring it to the
              Game Day.

              Have fun everyone. I'll be on vacation.
              DG

              --- shelly cooley <shelly_babytoy@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > while in thy domain.
              >
              > The Progeny
              > Thou shall only Sire another with the permission of
              > thine elder. If you createst another without thine
              > Elder's leave, both thou and thy Progeny shall be
              > slain.
              >
              > The Accounting
              > Those thou create are thine own children. Until thy
              > Progeny shall be Released, thou shall command them
              > in all things. Their sins are thine to endure.
              >
              > Hospitality
              > Honor one another's domain. When thou comest to a
              > foreign city, thou shall present thyself to the one
              > who ruleth there. Without the word of acceptance,
              > thou art nothing.
              >
              > Destruction
              > Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind.
              > The right of destruction belongeth only to thine
              > Elder. Only the Eldest among thee shall call the

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • shelly cooley
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                Maybe we can meet at a park nearby and do the extra food and pumpkins? or even outside? Not trying to cause a fuss, just friendly alternatives? Let me know. oh, and is Whipped cream really a food? What if its part of a costume? >:)
                ~shelly

                http://mail. yahoo.com

                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                  Everyone please remember that we have use of the
                  Marina Inn salons for the MAGE Game Days (and thusly
                  the vampire LARP) for free, because of the Contract we
                  (MAGE) has with the Marina Inn for our two wargame
                  conventions.
                  So, we need to stay in their good graces and not bring
                  in outside food for any "entertainment" or party even
                  if that party is part of the LARP.
                  Be good about this.
                  Also: because MAGE is cutting expenses to maintain our
                  bank account in order to fund the conventions and
                  other Game Days in the calendar year, we are not
                  providing any refreshments for the October Game Day as
                  we have in the past. That could change in the future,
                  but for this year it will be lean.
                  Thanks for your understanding.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Michael Stark
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                    OOC

                    There wouldn't be any refreshments at Elysium anyway. The only Tremere that knew the alchemical ritual to make food vampires could eat was killed recently. Damious, you will be missed.

> [...]
                    > > of
                    > > > thine elder. If you createst another without thine
                    > > > Elder's leave, both thou and thy Progeny shall be
                    > > > slain.
                    > > >
                    > > > The Accounting
                    > > > Those thou create are thine own children. Until
                    > > thy
                    > > > Progeny shall be Released, thou shall command them
                    > > > in all things. Their sins are thine to endure.
                    > > >
                    > > > Hospitality
                    > > > Honor one another's domain. When thou comest to a
                    > > > foreign city, thou shall present thyself to the
                    > > one
                    > > > who ruleth there. Without the word of acceptance,
                    > > > thou art nothing.
                    > > >
                    > > > Destruction
                    > > > Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind.
                    > > > The right of destruction belongeth only to thine
                    > > > Elder. Only the Eldest among thee shall call the

                  • Peter wayne darnell huth
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006

                      MWAHAHA! Even dead Damious influences the game!!! BWAHAHAHA!

                      From: Peter Huth

                      From: Michael Stark <Michael.Stark@...>
                      To: slaa@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:03:11 -0500

                      OOC

> [...]

                      > > of
                      > > > thine elder. If you createst another without thine
                      > > > Elder's leave, both thou and thy Progeny shall be
                      > > > slain.
                      > > >
                      > > > The Accounting
                      > > > Those thou create are thine own children. Until
                      > > thy
                      > > > Progeny shall be Released, thou shall command them
                      > > > in all things. Their sins are thine to endure.
                      > > >
                      > > > Hospitality
                      > > > Honor one another's domain. When thou comest to a
                      > > > foreign city, thou shall present thyself to the
                      > > one
                      > > > who ruleth there. Without the word of acceptance,
                      > > > thou art nothing.
                      > > >
                      > > > Destruction
                      > > > Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind.
                      > > > The right of destruction belongeth only to thine
                      > > > Elder. Only the Eldest among thee shall call the

                      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best route!
                    • Adem Swanson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                        Well, good for me I guess. I havent even gotten any pumkins yet. I was gonna wait to make sure that they were in better shape. I was mostly just testing the waters for most of this stuff. The only thing I have for sure is a bunch of fake pumkins filled with candy. I am sure that is alright, right?

                        From: Peter Huth

                        From: Michael Stark <Michael.Stark@ usd.edu>
                        To: slaa@yahoogroups. com
                        Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:03:11 -0500

                        OOC

                        Message 11 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                          OOC

                          Those who hunger for food, as well as additional game talk, usually meet up at the HOrizon after game for hours, and hours, and hours.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Oct 18, 2006
                            fake pumpkins filled with candy is fine.
                            DG

                            wrote:

                            > Well, good for me I guess. I havent even gotten any
                            > pumkins yet. I was gonna wait to make sure that they
                            > were in better shape. I was mostly just testing the
                            > waters for most of this stuff. The only thing I have
                            > for sure is a bunch of fake pumkins filled with
                            > candy. I am sure that is alright, right?
                            >
                            > Peter wayne darnell huth <Chaosknight99@...>
                            > wrote: MWAHAHA! Even dead Damious
                            > influences the game!!! BWAHAHAHA!
                            >

                            > From: Peter Huth
                            >
                            > ---------------------------------
                            > From: Michael Stark <Michael.Stark@...>
                            > To: slaa@yahoogroups.com
                            > Subject: Re: [slaa] OOC: Halloween
                            > Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:03:11 -0500
                            >
                            > OOC
                            >
                            > There wouldn't be any refreshments at Elysium
                            > anyway. The only Tremere that knew the alchemical
                            > ritual to make food vampires could eat was killed
                            > recently. Damious, you will be missed.

                            === message truncated ===

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • S.J. Caniglia
                            Message 13 of 18 , Oct 19, 2006
                              Dave,
                              A few Questions....
                              1. can we have pumpkins if the are pre-carved?
                              2. How much did MAGE usually spend on food, and if we could get the money together privately, could we still get food?
                              3. are there any rules against light decorating?

                              THanks bunches!
                              ~Ruby

                              wrote:

                              > Well, good for me I guess. I havent even gotten any
                              > pumkins yet. I was gonna wait to make sure that they
                              > were in better shape. I was mostly just testing the
                              > waters for most of this stuff. The only thing I have
                              > for sure is a bunch of fake pumkins filled with
                              > candy. I am sure that is alright, right?
                              >
                              > Peter wayne darnell huth < Chaosknight99@...>
                              > wrote: MWAHAHA! Even dead Damious
                              > influences the game!!! BWAHAHAHA!
                              >

                              > From: Peter Huth
                              >
                              > ---------------------------------
                              > From: Michael Stark <Michael.Stark@...>
                              > To: slaa@yahoogroups.com
                              > Subject: Re: [slaa] OOC: Halloween
                              > Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:03:11 -0500
                              >
                              > OOC
                              >
                              > There wouldn't be any refreshments at Elysium
                              > anyway. The only Tremere that knew the alchemical
                              > ritual to make food vampires could eat was killed
                              > recently. Damious, you will be missed.

                              === message truncated ===

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                              Message 14 of 18 , Oct 19, 2006
                                --- "S.J. Caniglia" <azurevitae@...> wrote:

                                > Dave,
                                > A few Questions....
                                > 1. can we have pumpkins if the are pre-carved?
                                Yes.
                                > 2. How much did MAGE usually spend on food, and if
                                > we could get the money
                                > together privately, could we still get food?
                                MAGE spent anywhere from zero up to a couple of
                                hundred dollars, depending on the financial success of
                                MAGE Spring Con and MAGE Con South. If you do that,
                                put together private money, then contact Jodi
                                Reitmeyer in Sales and Catering at the Marina Inn. She
                                has menu prices.
                                > 3. are there any rules against light decorating?
                                No, just take then down when you are finished.
                                DG

                                <the_universe_between@...<the_universe_between%40yahoo.com>>

                                <Chaosknight99@...<Chaosknight99%40hotmail.com>

                                <shelly_babytoy@...<shelly_babytoy%40yahoo.com>