MAGE Sioux City Game Day

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
      The next MAGE Game Day in Sioux City is August 13th at
      the Marina Inn, upstairs salons. Time is 10:00am -
      1:00am.
      The regular Vampire LARP will be held at night, start
      time about 7pm, character handout/creation at 6pm.
      Lots of surprises in store for the local Kindred!

      This would be the perfect time to playtest your event
      for MAGE Con South XX, or just come on down and bring
      your favorite game to play.

      Speaking of playtesting, my brother Don will be coming
      with his new Space Marines game for the final playtest
      before the Con, so be ready to have some fun.

      Final MAGE Con South XX meeting for those interested
      in helping out at the Con. Start time hopefully early
      afternoon or whenever Bart says so.

      Health note: so far so good for my Radiation
      treatments. After today, 18 down, 17 to go so this day
      is "hump radiation" day. My voice is almost all the
      way back, though I have dry mouth and a sunburned
      tongue. Drinking lots of water and using mouthwash
      several times a day. The good news is my energy level
      is still good, despite the doc telling me it will hit
      me any time now, but I just shrug and say, "no it
      won't". I am still going to work every day with the
      radiation treatments in the late afternoon, so being
      at work seems to help with my energy level. BTW: the
      skin cancer is completely gone and the "scar" on my
      head is just a slight indentation now, though it still
      "looks cool". My blood sugar level is back to normal
      and I am cutting back on the diabetic pills, and the
      hope is that once the radiation treatments are over, I
      can go back to my normal diet and exercise program for
      the diabetes type2. All in all a pretty bright
      outlook, so we'll see what the next couple of weeks
      bring.

      DG

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Adem Swanson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        woo-hoo! for dave.

        David Glewwe <dglewwe@...> wrote:
[...]

      • joshfromsiouxfalls
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2005
          Sorry to say guys that I won't be able to attend the gameday, I
          recently got a new job, and am currently low-man on the totempole,
          which means, too many people asked for Sat. off... So I hope you all
          have fun!

          Josh

          --- In slaa@yahoogroups.com, Adem Swanson
          <the_universe_between@y...> wrote:
          > woo-hoo! for dave.
          >
          > David Glewwe <dglewwe@y...> wrote:The next MAGE Game Day in Sioux
          City is August 13th at
          > the Marina Inn, upstairs salons. Time is 10:00am -
          > 1:00am.
          > The regular Vampire LARP will be held at night, start
          > time about 7pm, character handout/creation at 6pm.
          > Lots of surprises in store for the local Kindred!
          >
          > This would be the perfect time to playtest your event
          > for MAGE Con South XX, or just come on down and bring
          > your favorite game to play.
          >
          > Speaking of playtesting, my brother Don will be coming
          > with his new Space Marines game for the final playtest
          > before the Con, so be ready to have some fun.
          >
          > Final MAGE Con South XX meeting for those interested
          > in helping out at the Con. Start time hopefully early
          > afternoon or whenever Bart says so.
          >
          > Health note: so far so good for my Radiation
          > treatments. After today, 18 down, 17 to go so this day
          > is "hump radiation" day. My voice is almost all the
          > way back, though I have dry mouth and a sunburned
          > tongue. Drinking lots of water and using mouthwash
          > several times a day. The good news is my energy level
          > is still good, despite the doc telling me it will hit
          > me any time now, but I just shrug and say, "no it
          > won't". I am still going to work every day with the
          > radiation treatments in the late afternoon, so being
          > at work seems to help with my energy level. BTW: the
          > skin cancer is completely gone and the "scar" on my
          > head is just a slight indentation now, though it still
          > "looks cool". My blood sugar level is back to normal
          > and I am cutting back on the diabetic pills, and the
          > hope is that once the radiation treatments are over, I
          > can go back to my normal diet and exercise program for
          > the diabetes type2. All in all a pretty bright
          > outlook, so we'll see what the next couple of weeks
          > bring.
          >
          > DG

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          > Sioux falls south dakota South dakota Sioux city

          Service.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2006
            Just a reminder that there is a Sioux City Game Day
            scheduled for this coming Saturday, Feb 18th at Sci-Fi
            Kingdom, 615 Douglas Street, Sioux City, Iowa, from
            noon until 2am!
            I will be putting on a Flames of War all-armor North
            Africa battle, with Brits versus DAK (Deutsche Afrika
            Korps Desert Fox) starting around 1pm or earlier if
            enough players are there.
            There will ba Siouxland by Night Vampire LARP after I
            return from the PCW wrestling show around 9:30pm until
            2am.
            There will also be an organizational meeting for MAGE
            Spring Con 2006 around 3:30pm or so, whenever Jeff
            Baumgardner gets there after work, to put together
            Staff, and also set up the timetable for getting
            things done, including putting together the Pre-reg
            flyer at the March 11th Sioux City Game Day.
            Bring your games to Sci-Fi Kingdom to play at the Game
            Day and let's help John Spitz out by supporting his
            new game store in Sioux City by coming to the Game
            Day.
            DG

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2006
              Dear Gaming friends;
              This coming Saturday May 20th from 10am until 1am
              there is a MAGE Sioux City Game Day at the Marina Inn
              salons (newly remodeled salons!).
              I have to work that mortning so I will be there
              at noon in time for the MAGE Executive Board Meeting.
              The Flames of War North African Campaign will
              begin at 1:30pm with the first battle fought between
              the British and the Italians, with more battles to
              continue for the rest of teh day. Newcomers wishing to
              learn how to play Historical Miniatures in the WWII
              era are welcome.
              There will be the usual late-night vampire LARP.
              Game begins when Mike Stark arrives and implements the
              new character sign-in method.
              Mike Stark is the Co_Storyteller of Siouxland by
              Night.
              Bring a favorite game to try out, or that new
              game you bought at MAGE Spring Con 2006 and are dying
              to play.
              See you at the Game Day.
              DG

              http://mail.yahoo.com