Re: RE: [slaa] CALL LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL CALLS FOR FREEEE!

  • mstark@usd.edu
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      My ability to access Yahoo! is a little limited right now, so I can't check, but is SLAA an open or a members only group?

      Mike
    • kit martens
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
        i beleive it is an open group.. thats how we keep getitng all the spam, if it was member only the moderator would have to approve every member and would catch the spam stuff(or should)

        Sempre Fi,
        Jackson McCormick
        Kit Martens

        mstark@... wrote:

        My ability to access Yahoo! is a little limited right now, so I can't check, but is SLAA an open or a members only group?

        Mike

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Corey Stafford
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
          slaa is an open public group. it may be time to have
          the membership restricted to administrator approval.
          it would probably help to keep this from happening.

          =====
          Corey Stafford

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 8, 2004
            We could do that, but how do I know if somebody isn't
            a bot when they try to subscribe? I'm just saying, I
            can make it membership approval needed, but I don't
            know how much that'll solve things. Besides, I'm not
            going to check this group every day. Banning the
            names doesn't help either cause they post once and
            they're done, so there is no point to that. So either
            just delete the spam and *cough*not reply to it to
            create more spam... or we turn it into an approval
            based group.

            Wilson

            http://my.yahoo.com