New UK-POD Forum

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2007
      Hi Guys
      Now that we have a few members on this group i thought i would start
      things off.
      It would be great to hear from anyone who has ordered a pod and share
      what there plans are in terms of decking setup and telescope equipment
      you intend using as this will help other future PODers. And please
      send over your pictures.
      Also if there is anyone on the forum thinking about a pod and are
      unsure about type colour and location to set the pod down please share
      your view it would be great to hear from you.

      We will hopefully also keep you informed of any POD news on deliveries
      to the UK

      Enjoy

      Ian
    • Wayne Parker
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2007
        Hi Ian,

        Thanks and best of luck with the group! Thanks also to you and Nick for putting it together. It will be a great knowledge base for U.K. POD owners and people interested in POD.

        In our dealings Altair has already shown great professionalism and passion for the POD project. I know that you will take great care of SkyShed customers will they'll be in excellent hands from first contact to long term satisfied customer. This group demonstrates your desire to that end.

        CS!
        Wayne
        www.skyshedpod.com
        www.skyshed.com

        Ian wrote:

        Hi Guys
        Now that we have a few members on this group i thought i would start
        things off.
        It would be great to hear from anyone who has ordered a pod and share
        what there plans are in terms of decking setup and telescope equipment
        you intend using as this will help other future PODers. And please
        send over your pictures.
        Also if there is anyone on the forum thinking about a pod and are
        unsure about type colour and location to set the pod down please share
        your view it would be great to hear from you.

        We will hopefully also keep you informed of any POD news on deliveries
        to the UK

        Enjoy

        Ian

        No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.7.6/815 - Release Date: 5/22/2007 3:49 PM
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
          Hi all, just wanted wanted to introduce myself as I am new to the group, reason for joining is that I have just ordered my skyshed POD the XL3 in green to house my celestron cpc 925, I live in west somerset, I intend to use my 925 for mostly astrophotography with some viewing, also own an astrotrac coupled with a pentax 75mm apro, would love to make contact with anyone in the south west owning a skyshed POD as I have not seen one as yet and do not expect to see mine for at least a month or even more, oh btw I have dug my hole filled it with concrete and put a 3m square decking over the top, have allowed a small amount to offset the pier if I need to, your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated, I have a zillion questions but will read all of the past archives here and I am sure my questions will have been asked for sure. this will be my first observatory and cant wait to try it out, I know it will be life changing as far as the amount of time I put in now and will do in future, if I added up all the time spent setting up and taking down it would be staggering, I have only just realised there is a skyshed pod group in the uk which is great, I have spent a lot of time reading up on the group headed up by Wayne Parker, it will be great to talk to those pod guys on a locally, this skyshed pod has certainly given me the 'buzz' and given my interest in the heavens a much needed boost, just a shame the pod here in the uk is so overpriced, but I still feel it will be worth every penny,

          Ian, any news on the latest pod order, has it been closed off yet and any news on how quickly this order can be fullfiled.

          Best wishes Paul

          --- In skyshed-pod-uk@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <spaceknighti@...> wrote:

          > Hi Guys
          > Now that we have a few members on this group i thought i would start
          > things off.
          > It would be great to hear from anyone who has ordered a pod and share
          > what there plans are in terms of decking setup and telescope equipment
          > you intend using as this will help other future PODers. And please
          > send over your pictures.
          > Also if there is anyone on the forum thinking about a pod and are
          > unsure about type colour and location to set the pod down please share
          > your view it would be great to hear from you.
          >
          > We will hopefully also keep you informed of any POD news on deliveries
          > to the UK
          >
          > Enjoy
          >
          > Ian

        • Paul