Re: [skyquest-telescopes] Re: a baffle modification

  • Phil Lefever
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      At 23:58 09/30/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >Phil,
      >
      > Hadn't you been experimenting with a hard-plastic machined baffle
      >to be put just in front of the mirror for exactly this purpose? How
      >did that turn out?

      Yep, I have the drawing and measurements made. The ABS plastic in hand.
      A sharp carbide router bit and circle jig ready to go.

      Now the hitch... I have a bathroom that is completely torn apart and
      waiting both floor and shower surround tile installation. I also have
      a significant other and she would like to see it get done ;)

      So at this point the concept is still simmering on a rear burner. Don't
      you hate it when life interferes with your hobbies!

      I will post the results and some pics when I finally get it on the
      scope!

      Clear Skies,

      PL
      Phil Lefever - Burnsville, MN
      Amateur Radio Callsign - KB0NES EN34jt
      C8-SP XT-10 C102 80WV
      Member #13 MNAA - Minnesota Amateur Astronomers