Re: Sky Wizard DSC Discontinued

  • g2baraff
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2002
      --- In skyquest-telescopes@y..., "hhowellh" <hhowellh@y...> wrote:
      > I talked with Orion this morning and found out that they have
      > discontinued the Sky Wizard system. They said that it may be
      > available from JMI.
      >
      > Harvey

      Harvey:

      Check to see if you can still get the encoders from Orion. Item 10315
      for $179, encoders for the SkyQuest XT6,8,10. These fit so well on
      the XT10 mount that you SHOULD get them if you can. They are usable
      with any of the D.S.C. Boxes. My own suggestion would be to use them
      with a box that is manufactured by Tangent. This box will require
      you to "Level Me", as I explained in the article I posted. Tangent
      D.S.C.'s are sold by many suppliers under their own names. Lumicon
      Sky Vector, JMI NGC Max, Celestron Advanced Astro Master, and perhaps
      others are all Tangent boxes. The key feature is that, after
      alignment, they return a "Warp Factor" to you.

      Gene