XT10G Runaway Slew

  • jaradgiese
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2013

      My XT10G goes on a random runaway slew during usage. Usually after completing star align, but now even if I just turn the scope on and leave it for a minute (so not even tracking works). I linked a video of what is happening in the hopes someone knows how to fix this?

      The usual suspects of loose cables and low power do not apply here as the cables are secure and I cleaned all the connections with alcohol though they looked clean. The handset is updated to the latest firmware and factory reset and reload of firmware does not help.

      Not sure what else to try or why this is happening. So frustrating though - this happened after I brought my scope out to a darksite a few weeks ago, I never even got it setup because this kept happening, which was really depressing as it was my first darksite visit and one I had planned and looked forward to for a long time before getting out there. The scope has worked great here at the house but now it's basically unusable except for push-to (which is unfortunately because these scopes are not at all smooth).

      Here is the 2 minute video so you can see exactly what is happening (includes text annotations). Thank you very much!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvGD4NDj2Ow

    • wanderingmetalhead