Re: Hello & thank you from a new member

  • John
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello Allison,

      I actually prefer a straight-through finder to a Right angle personally, but to each his/her own.

      I also wanted to add my club is a bit over 2 hours from your location and our skies are in the 'green' zone at our observing sites. If you feel adventurous sometime, you'd be welcome to come join us- our schedule is online at www.icastro.org.

      John Wunderlin
      Mineral Point, WI
      XT10i

      --- In skyquest-telescopes@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Maida <lvam1521@...> wrote:

      > Did it come with a red dot finder?, if so I think a 9x50mm right angle finder scope will work better for you.
    • scout873
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 20, 2013
        > I actually prefer a straight-through finder to a Right angle personally, but to each his/her own.
        >
        > I also wanted to add my club is a bit over 2 hours from your location and our skies are in the 'green' zone at our observing sites. If you feel adventurous sometime, you'd be welcome to come join us- our schedule is online at www.icastro.org.
        >
        > John Wunderlin
        > Mineral Point, WI

        Hi John, Thanks for the info on your club. I've got your website and will keep you in mind if I'm ever out your way. I'm always up for a good road trip.

        Oh and thanks Anthony and John for the input on finder scopes. I'm going to do some research and see what is out there. I'll probably end up using the Orion red dot finder that came with the scope until it gives out; I found it really easy to use. Now all I gotta do is wait for warm weather! Thanks again