Re: 14 inch Truss Scope from Orion

  • pikaboicu
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      I was at the local hobby shop (Donovan's, http://www.donovanshsc.com/ sorry a shameless plug), and got to talking to them about a couple models they had in stock, they had a poster of the XX12, and I made a comment about a couple sizes bigger, so the person working there said, "Let's call them"(Orion), so she did.

      Now you know, the rest of the story ....

      Have a good day
      Bart

      --- In skyquest-telescopes@yahoogroups.com, Phil Lefever <kb0nes@...> wrote:

      > At 01:24 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
      > >I heard today that a 14 inch version of the truss design will be available
      > >from Orion in 60 to 90 days. No idea on price. I specifically asked for
      > >16 inch, but got this information instead.
      >
      > Bart,
      >
      > Where did you hear this rumor? From Orion support or where??
      >
      > Clear Skies,
      >
      > PL

    • johnwunderlin
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        > The difference
        > between 12" and 14" may not be enough to differentiate it. I am,
        > however, eager to see what they come out with.

        Right- that's why I haven't upgraded to the XX12- 10 to a 12 is pretty subtle, but 10 to a 14 should be a nice upgrade.

        John Wunderlin
        Mineral Point, WI
        XT10i