Re: [skyquest-telescopes] Re: rattling eyepiece

  • Phil Lefever
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      > When I take off the chrome barrel, the eyepiece is still
      >rattling.There is black rubber band around the top of the eyepiece.
      >But I don't see where I can adjust it.

      The chrome plated barrel isn't what holds the lens stack
      in place. You must first remove it to gain access to the
      field stop/retaining ring that needs to be tightened.

      After you have the barrel off look at the bottom of the
      eyepiece. You should see a threaded inner ring that
      likely has two notches on it for a spanner to tighten.
      This is the ring you need to tighten till the rattling
      stops. You don't have to crank on it, just tightening
      it with your fingernails in the slots should do it.

      In any case rattle or not I bet you won't see any
      significant difference in the image.

      Clear Skies,

      PL

      Phil Lefever - Burnsville, MN