Halloween reports?

  • bdavis@pdnt.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      So did anyone else set up their telescopes next to the candy last
      night? This was the first time I'd tried it, and it was a great
      success! Never thought I'd see 3rd and 4th graders stepping over the
      bowls of candy to line up for a glimbse of the (low, poor seeing,
      nearly obscured by clouds, full) Moon. Both kids and parents seemed to
      have a blast (maybe I'll get switches on the local streetlights yet),
      with lots of questions and good times. It was fun having people guess
      how much my XT8 cost as well (median guess around two to three
      thousand).
      BTW, a simple way to keep all the makeup (not to mention small
      hands) off optics: a piece of overhead transpanency over the end of a
      short piece of toilet paper roll. Worked great with the 25mm, and even
      (just barely) with the 9mm (although eye relief became a factor).
      Anyone else?

      --
      Brian Davis