Re: Got my 8" SqyQuest today!!!!

  • sailor_man007@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2001
      John,

      I got my unexpected XT6 last week as a birthday gift from my
      family :-)

      Moon is bright so a lot is washed out - I also did not see detail on
      Mars - just barely saw red.

      Got up early the first morning I had the scope (I live in Naples,
      Italy) and took a look at Saturn and Mars.

      I saw the dark equatorial bands on either side of the equator on
      Jupiter very easily and on Saturn I saw the Cassini division as well
      as a dark band of clouds on the equator area.

      I can not wait to get this scope into some really dark skies to
      peruse some deep sky stuff and clusters.

      I love it so far!

      Ciao,

      Rich Hay