Re: XT8 or XT10: Which to Buy?

  • nicholl.cj@mellon.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
      I agree with all that's been posted so far (I have the XT8). If
      you're willing to deal with the weight, the wait, and the extra $,
      then the 10" would be a great choice.

      Personally, I think the 2" focusser is a *huge* plus. And while it's
      a reasonably simple proposition to swap out the focuser on the XT8
      for a 2", inertia is a difficult thing to overcome (read that to
      mean: I haven't done it yet).

      One very positive point: you can't go wrong with either scope.

      Good luck,
      Chris.