Anyone replaced spider & secondary

  • Doug Matulis
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hello,

      I am not an XT8 owner yet. I am wondering if anyone has replaced
      their spider and secondary mirrors? I seems that the 2.0" inch
      secondary is overkill for an 8" f6. I was thinking that a 1.83"
      or even a 1.52" would increase contrast and still have acceptable
      light falloff at the edge of the field. This would also eliminate
      the thick rods with thin vains which will also help improve contrast.

      Any thoughts?

      I am also wondering if replacing with a smaller secondary requires
      any other adjustments, i.e. focuser height change to a low profile,
      etc...

      Thanks,
      Doug...