Re: [skymap] Need some help working with duplicates

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hi Matt,

      Duplicate objects are, alas, the bane of we star charting authors' life.
      SkyMap Pro 10 has enormously fewer of them than do previous versions of the
      program, but some inevitably remain. There's nothing that a user can do to
      remove them from the catalog, I'm afraid, but if you tell me about them I'll
      ensure that they are removed from future versions of the program.

      If you are creating an "important" star chart which really musn't have a
      duplicate on it, you can work around the problem using the target list
      catalog. To do this:

      1. Draw your chart which contains the duplicate object.
      2. Select the "Search/List/Deep Sky Objects" menu item, and save the list as
      a target list.
      3. Edit the target list and delete one of the duplicates.
      4. Switch off the combined deep sky catalog, and switch on the target list
      catalog.

      This will remove one of the objects from the chart.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2005
        Thanks Chris, that works for me.

        Matt

        --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Marriott" <chris@c...> wrote:
        > Hi Matt,
        >
        > Duplicate objects are, alas, the bane of we star charting authors'
        life.
        > SkyMap Pro 10 has enormously fewer of them than do previous
        versions of the
        > program, but some inevitably remain. There's nothing that a user
        can do to
        > remove them from the catalog, I'm afraid, but if you tell me about
        them I'll
        > ensure that they are removed from future versions of the program.
        >
        > If you are creating an "important" star chart which really musn't
        have a
        > duplicate on it, you can work around the problem using the target
        list
        > catalog. To do this:
        >
        > 1. Draw your chart which contains the duplicate object.
        > 2. Select the "Search/List/Deep Sky Objects" menu item, and save
        the list as
        > a target list.
        > 3. Edit the target list and delete one of the duplicates.
        > 4. Switch off the combined deep sky catalog, and switch on the
        target list
        > catalog.
        >
        > This will remove one of the objects from the chart.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Chris

      • norma delio
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          Correo Yahoo!
          Desde cualquier lugar

          Ganate una
          notebook

          ¿Querés bajar
          de peso?

          Anterior | Siguiente | Volver a los mensajes Presentación para imprimir - Encabezados completos
          [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] Cancelar. Importante: Yahoo! JAMÁS te pedirá tu contraseña a través de una llamada telefónica o un mensaje que no hayas previamente solicitado. Cambiá tus preferencias si no querés volver a ver este mensaje." name=formwarningmessage> [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] [input] NASA del 30 diciembre, 2004

          El 14 de enero del 2005, la sonda Huygens de la Agencia Espacial
          Europea
          descenderá a la superficie de la mayor luna de Saturno.

          TODO EL REPORTAJE en

          http://ciencia.msfc.nasa.gov/headlines/y2004/30dec_titan.htm?list607578

          mvartanian2000 <mvartanian@...> wrote:

          Thanks Chris, that works for me.

          Hi

          Something will happen on January 12th 2005 to Planet Earth. Please pay attention to what you see through your telescopes. I will be very gratefull if you inform me of any strange thing you see out there. Don´t hesitate please, your information will be welcomed.

          thank you very much and kind regards

          Norma from Buenos Aires, Argentina

          --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Marriott" wrote:
          > Hi Matt,
          >
          > Duplicate objects are, alas, the bane of we star charting authors'
          life.
          > SkyMap Pro 10 has enormously fewer of them than do previous
          versions of the
          > program, but some inevitably remain. There's nothing that a user
          can do to
          > remove them from the catalog, I'm afraid, but if you tell me about
          them I'll
          > ensure that they are removed from future versions of the program.
          >
          > If you are creating an "important" star chart which really musn't
          have a
          > duplicate on it, you can work around the problem using the target
          list
          > catalog. To do this:
          >
          > 1. Draw your chart which contains the duplicate object.
          > 2. Select the "Search/List/Deep Sky Objects" menu item, and save
          the list as
          > a target list.
          > 3. Edit the target list and delete one of the duplicates.
          > 4. Switch off the combined deep sky catalog, and switch on the
          target list
          > catalog.
          >
          > This will remove one of the objects from the chart.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Chris

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Norma Delio desde Buenos Aires, Argentina
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
            Quoting norma delio <normadelio@...>:

            Norma,

            When you want to post something, I'd appreciate it if you'd start a new topic,
            rather than "tagging on" to an existing post. It makes life easier for
            everybody.

            Thank you for your consideration.

          • norma delio