FWD: WHAT'S WITH THIS CRAP? Read message, than please fwd to skymap...

  • Bob Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2004
      Why is this #@&* permited?
      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2004
        Quoting Bob Lee <boblee19552003@...>:

        > Why is this #@&* permited?
        > Note: forwarded message attached.

        This "#@&*" is _not_ permitted.

        This is an open, unmoderated group, and the "price" of that openness is the
        (very) occasional "spam" message. We only get about one a month, so it's not
        exactly a disaster :-).

        There's absolutely no point in sending me nasty messages about it - what do you
        expect me to do about it? The only way of avoiding it would be to moderate the
        group, and that's a road that I don't want to go down.

        A spam message "once in a blue moon" is a small price to pay for the convenience
        of an unmoderated group.

        Please don't post messages about things like this; all it does is extend the
        inconvenience of it for the other readers of the group. You may rest assured
        that whenever such a message is posted, it gets deleted and the author banned.

      • Nick Spalding
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
          On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:22:43 -0500, Chris Marriott wrote, in
          <20040113042243.wwxeogggookkkkoc@...>:

          > Quoting Bob Lee <boblee19552003@...>:
          >

          > > Why is this #@&* permited?
          > > Note: forwarded message attached.
          > >

          > This "#@&*" is _not_ permitted.
          >
          > This is an open, unmoderated group, and the "price" of that openness is the
          > (very) occasional "spam" message. We only get about one a month, so it's not
          > exactly a disaster :-).
          >
          > There's absolutely no point in sending me nasty messages about it - what do you
          > expect me to do about it? The only way of avoiding it would be to moderate the
          > group, and that's a road that I don't want to go down.
          >
          > A spam message "once in a blue moon" is a small price to pay for the convenience
          > of an unmoderated group.
          >
          > Please don't post messages about things like this; all it does is extend the
          > inconvenience of it for the other readers of the group. You may rest assured
          > that whenever such a message is posted, it gets deleted and the author banned.

          I have no idea what this is all about since the original never made it
          here anyway and the text that Bob included was suppressed somewhere
          along the way and came here as:

          Regards, Nick
        • Bob Lee
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2004
            Sorry for the inconveince. Really. I now understand more. Thanks for the reply.

            BobLee.