Re: Scope drivers for 114GT

  • chrisskymap
    Message 1 of 8 , May 15, 2003
      --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Scott" <dave_scott@n...> wrote:
      > Hi Chris...
      >
      > Thanks for the speedy reply. I definitely have the latest hand
      controller and it was also the NexStar 5/8 drivers I was trying with
      SkyMap. It just keeps on locking up the program as it isn't
      connecting to the scope.

      Hmmm. Perhaps I'm wrong in my belief that the NexStar GT uses the
      same command protocol as the NexStar 5/8. Does the telescope's manual
      document the protocol? If so, and you'd like me to write a driver for
      it, the best thing to do is send me private e-mail ("chris at
      skymap.com") and we'll sort something out.

    • Dave Scott
      Message 2 of 8 , May 16, 2003
        Hi Chris..

        Thanks very much for your concern I really appreciate it. I have to be at work in 5min so I am afraid I can't say much at the moment. I tried it out again last night and it does seem to 'know' there is a scope attached, it just can't move it to anything without locking the program up. I will take a look in the NexStar manual after I get home this evening but I am not sure whether there is anything there that will help you write a driver. I hope there is but the 'manual' is pretty sparce.

        Must go as I am now late for work, but thanks for your help.

        Dave Scott

        > Thanks for the speedy reply. I definitely have the latest hand
        controller and it was also the NexStar 5/8 drivers I was trying with
        SkyMap. It just keeps on locking up the program as it isn't
        connecting to the scope.

        Hmmm. Perhaps I'm wrong in my belief that the NexStar GT uses the
        same command protocol as the NexStar 5/8. Does the telescope's manual
        document the protocol? If so, and you'd like me to write a driver for
        it, the best thing to do is send me private e-mail ("chris at
        skymap.com") and we'll sort something out.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor