SKYMAP ZIP Asteroid File

  • lschmidt2003
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2003
      It looks like the SkyMap Zip Asteroid File is not being updated again.
      I know Chris had to notify them once before when that happened.
    • W4wmmAstronomy@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2003
        In a message dated 5/1/2003 3:51:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
        lschmidt24@... writes:

        > It looks like the SkyMap Zip Asteroid File is not being updated again.
        > I know Chris had to notify them once before when that happened.

        I just checked the file Skymap.zip at

        <A HREF="ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/MPCORB/">ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/MPCORB/</A>

        and found a modify date of 03/19/2003 at 10:05AM and a file size of
        2,180,701.

        What did you get?

        Looking up,
        Alan
        30* 40' 05.7" N
        88* 15' 46.7" W

      • W4wmmAstronomy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2003
          lschmidt24@... writes:

          > It looks like the SkyMap Zip Asteroid File is not being updated again.
          > I know Chris had to notify them once before when that happened.

          What are you getting for a date and time on that file?

          I got 03/19/2003 10:05AM 2,180,701

          Looking up,
          Alan
          30* 40' 05.7" N
          88* 15' 46.7" W

        • lschmidt2003
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2003
            --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, W4wmmAstronomy@a... wrote:
            > In a message dated 5/1/2003 3:51:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
            > lschmidt24@h... writes:
            >

            > > It looks like the SkyMap Zip Asteroid File is not being updated
            again.
            > > I know Chris had to notify them once before when that happened.
            > >

            > I just checked the file Skymap.zip at
            >
            > <A HREF="ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/MPCORB/">ftp://cfa-
            ftp.harvard.edu/pub/MPCORB/</A>

            > and found a modify date of 03/19/2003 at 10:05AM and a file size of
            > 2,180,701.
            >
            > What did you get?

            Same thing,it's supposed to be updated monthly.

            > Looking up,
            > Alan
            > 30* 40' 05.7" N
            > 88* 15' 46.7" W

          • lschmidt2003
            Message 5 of 9 , May 15, 2003
              Chris,
              I notice the Skymap Zip file has not been updated since Mar 19,03.
            • chrisskymap
              Message 6 of 9 , May 15, 2003
                --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "lschmidt2003" <lschmidt24@h...> wrote:
                > Chris,
                > I notice the Skymap Zip file has not been updated since Mar 19,03.

                OK, I'll drop Gareth Williams at the MPC a note about it.

              • lschmidt2003
                Message 7 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                  --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "chrisskymap" <chris@c...> wrote:
                  > --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "lschmidt2003" <lschmidt24@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > > Chris,
                  > > I notice the Skymap Zip file has not been updated since Mar 19,03.
                  >
                  > OK, I'll drop Gareth Williams at the MPC a note about it.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Chris

                  Asteroid file still 3-19-03.
                • chrisskymap
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 27, 2003
                    --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "lschmidt2003" <lschmidt24@h...> wrote:

                    > Asteroid file still 3-19-03.

                    Gareth told me that the SkyMap asteroid file is only updated when a
                    new "batch" of asteroid numbers is issued. This didn't happen in
                    April, hence no update. It should happen at the end of this month.

                  • lschmidt2003
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 13, 2003
                      The SKYMAP ZIP Asteroid file has been updated for those of you who are
                      interested in knowing that.