Photographing stars

  • pauls_sailing
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 5:24 AM
      Afternoon
      I have got a telescope, model Greenkat 11-45E D=114 and F=1200. I am
      trying to take pictures of planets. I have had an adaptor
      profesionally made to attach my Canon manual slr camera in lieu of
      the eyepiece. All I can focus on is the mirror at the bottom! Can
      anyone help me with a suitable solution?
      Paul Flower
    • robert.williams19
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 6:51 AM
        Hi there Paul

        Take a look at 'Widescreen'. They sell a number of 'adaptors'
        to 'connect an 'SLR' camera to a Telescope.
        If you have a 'Pentax Screw' thread on your SLR, they have an
        'eyepiece adaptor' which will slip any 1.25" eyepiece( EXCEPT such as a 40mm
        Super Plossl 3000
        eyepiece which is just 'too long'!) inside the adaptor to give
        your 'Camera' an 'observers eye view' of the object you wish to photograph.
        I do not know if anyone makes an adaptor for 2" eyepieces, but you can
        'easily'
        get 'rings' to adapt the Pentax Screw ('male thread') of the adaptor to, for
        example,
        a 'T-mount'. This adapting 'bush' is also available from 'Widescreen'.
        For more info, see the uk.sci.astronomy newsgroup.

        Hope this helps

        Robert Williams