Re: Comet Magnitude

  • david.solomon@bemail.org
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      If you want the mag. estimates in Skymap to be more according to the
      visual observations recently, change the absolute magnitude (10th
      field in comet.dat, incl comet name) for C/2001 A2 to 7.1, this will
      result in m4.x now. Bare in mind, the resulting curve will not be
      correct for long...

      That said,
      Deepspace has a cute little functionality which calculates the
      absolute magnitude from estimates (so I heard from friends), maybe
      nice to put it into skymap as well.

      Marco