Re: [skymap] How to generate working comet.cat from minorplanetcenter data ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
      If you have a valid comet catalog file, the most likely reason for SkyMap
      not seeing any comets is that SkyMap isn't actually using your catalog file.

      Click the "Comets" button on the right-side toolbar. Are the correct comets
      showing up in the list at the left side of the dialog? If not, in the
      "Catalog" section of the dialog, click the "Open" button, and choose your
      catalog file. It should all then work OK.

      Chris

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2013
        Hi Chris,
        I have accidently shut down SMP10 and now reopened: comet functions are working, I can see C/2011 L4 Panstarrs. Thanks for answering.
        Enzio