Re: [skymap] Re: Planetary Series 96

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
      I'll be honest with you, Bamm - I don't understand it either! I just did a
      line by line conversion of the FORTRAN sample code supplied with the files
      into C++, and it worked. It's just a "black box" as far as I'm concerned.

      I have no idea about how one would go about converting the data from DE402
      to 405, I'm afraid. Sorry.

      Chris

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012
        Thank you Chris!

        You just gave me an idea. I'll tell my students that this is an algorithm for calculating planet positions and that the explanation is too complicated for the course, hehe. :)

        Bamm

        --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Marriott" <chris@...> wrote:

        > I'll be honest with you, Bamm - I don't understand it either! I just did a
        > line by line conversion of the FORTRAN sample code supplied with the files
        > into C++, and it worked. It's just a "black box" as far as I'm concerned.
        >
        > I have no idea about how one would go about converting the data from DE402
        > to 405, I'm afraid. Sorry.
        >
        > Chris

      • Mark Crossley
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012
          ... and hope they don't find this group via Google :)