reporting log entries

  • stanfeather
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
      I'm running SMP9, and reporting log entries doesn't include the observing notes. Are notes included in log reports from later SMP versions?

      By reporting, I specifically mean planning; query; search; report. The fields available from that dialog don't include observing notes.

      I started to eval SMP11 to see if it's included there, but the eval notes state that logging is disabled in the eval version. So I'll just ask the question, instead.

      Thanks,
      Stan
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2011
        Stan,

        I ran a "planning; query; search; report" just as you mention below and I DID get my observing notes. When I got my results, I was able to click on any of the observations, and the notes showed up in the bottom field.

        FWIW, did you choose a starting and ending date for the observation you wanted to query? Or did you chose "Any date" for the query?

        Look at all the other fields as well to make sure the "All" and "Any" buttons are chosen.

        Mike

        --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "stanfeather" <ssfeather@...> wrote:

        > I'm running SMP9, and reporting log entries doesn't include the observing notes. Are notes included in log reports from later SMP versions?
        >
        > By reporting, I specifically mean planning; query; search; report. The fields available from that dialog don't include observing notes.
        >
        > I started to eval SMP11 to see if it's included there, but the eval notes state that logging is disabled in the eval version. So I'll just ask the question, instead.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Stan

      • stanfeather
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2011
          Thanks, Mike. I'm still not seeing them in the report.

          I go to planning; query. Set all radio buttons to'any'.
          click Search; Report; All items; stored selections = all; Ok; Save; and enter a filename. The resulting report file has no notes.

          Notes are displayed at the bottom of the page if I do planning; query; any...; search; select a log entry; view.

          I want to export my observations to a document I'm keeping. If I have to re-type the notes into that doc, I'll probably need to use a different tool for logging. I guess that's ok. But if I can update to an SMP version where notes are reported, I'd prefer to do that.

          Stan