Display specific Asteroid

  • Rainer
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
      Hi,

      Reading the Spaceweather.com page in the WWW I saw that a huge Asteroid named 2003 UV11 will be only 5 LUnar Distances away and has a size of 595m.

      My question is now how can I add the ephemerides data of this Asteroid into the SkyMap catalog ?

      Thanks for any tip

      regards Rainer
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2010
        Click on the Asteroid Icon on the tool bar, it looks like a rock.
        Click on the Catalog tab.
        Click on the Edit Catalog button.
        Click on the Add... button on the same page.

        Enter the data. See data below.
        I couldn't figure out "T". It's a date but couldn't find it.
        Click Ok.

        ======================================
        For more help search for "Asteroid Orbit Dialog" in the Skymap Pro Help
        files.
        Maybe someone can give us a good place to find all the data.

        Data follows:
        ======================================
        2003 UV11
        a 0.344037 a
        e 0.76285621 e
        i 5.942911 i
        w 124.612386 w
        M 243.578942 M
        H 19.3 H
        G 0.15 G
        omega 32.130354 omega
        ======================================
        designation 2003 UV11
        perihelion (AU) 0.344037
        aphelion 2.55747
        semimajor axis (AU) 1.45075328
        eccentricity 0.76285621
        inclination (deg) 5.942911
        arg. peri. (deg) 124.612386
        long. asc. node (deg) 32.130354
        mean anomaly (deg) 243.578942
        absolute magnitude H 19.3
        slope parameter G 0.15
        B-V --

        diameter (km) 0.9:
        IRAS taxonomy --
        observation arc (days) 2841
        number of observations 316
        CEU (arcsec) 0.16
        epoch (arcsec) 20080822

        > Reading the Spaceweather.com page in the WWW I saw that a huge Asteroid
        > named 2003 UV11 will be only 5 LUnar Distances away and has a size of
        > 595m.
        >
        > My question is now how can I add the ephemerides data of this Asteroid
        > into the SkyMap catalog ?
        >
        > Thanks for any tip
        >
        > regards Rainer

      • Rainer
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
          Hi Alan,

          Thanks. Will give it a try.

          About the date I have seen that in the page

          http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2003%20UV11&orb=1

          There is mentioned tp as 2010-Dec-15

          I guess that is what one has to input in the T field of SkyMap.

          Will tell you the outcome of my input.

          regards

          --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <AstronomyW4WMM@...> wrote:

          > Click on the Asteroid Icon on the tool bar, it looks like a rock.
          > Click on the Catalog tab.
          > Click on the Edit Catalog button.
          > Click on the Add... button on the same page.
          >
          > Enter the data. See data below.
          > I couldn't figure out "T". It's a date but couldn't find it.
          > Click Ok.
          >
          > ======================================
          > For more help search for "Asteroid Orbit Dialog" in the Skymap Pro Help
          > files.
          > Maybe someone can give us a good place to find all the data.
          >
          > Data follows:
          > ======================================
          > 2003 UV11
          > a 0.344037 a
          > e 0.76285621 e
          > i 5.942911 i
          > w 124.612386 w
          > M 243.578942 M
          > H 19.3 H
          > G 0.15 G
          > omega 32.130354 omega
          > ======================================
          > designation 2003 UV11
          > perihelion (AU) 0.344037
          > aphelion 2.55747
          > semimajor axis (AU) 1.45075328
          > eccentricity 0.76285621
          > inclination (deg) 5.942911
          > arg. peri. (deg) 124.612386
          > long. asc. node (deg) 32.130354
          > mean anomaly (deg) 243.578942
          > absolute magnitude H 19.3
          > slope parameter G 0.15
          > B-V --
          >
          > diameter (km) 0.9:
          > IRAS taxonomy --
          > observation arc (days) 2841
          > number of observations 316
          > CEU (arcsec) 0.16
          > epoch (arcsec) 20080822

        • Rainer
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
            Hi,

            Well I input the data and activated the Asteroid view and a search makes appear a little square but there is no identification available.

            I took as date 2010 December 15.xxxxx

            Look at this screenshot

            http://rainerehlert.com/astro/2003UV11-01.jpg

            You can clearly see the other astteroid near U2003 UV11

            Any clue why I have no Identification ?

            regards Rainer

            --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Rainer" <rsbfoto@...> wrote:

            > Hi Alan,
            >
            > Thanks. Will give it a try.
            >
            > About the date I have seen that in the page
            >
            > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2003%20UV11&orb=1
            >
            > There is mentioned tp as 2010-Dec-15
            >
            > I guess that is what one has to input in the T field of SkyMap.
            >
            > Will tell you the outcome of my input.
            >
            > regards
            >

            > --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <AstronomyW4WMM@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Click on the Asteroid Icon on the tool bar, it looks like a rock.
            > > Click on the Catalog tab.
            > > Click on the Edit Catalog button.
            > > Click on the Add... button on the same page.
            > >
            > > Enter the data. See data below.
            > > I couldn't figure out "T". It's a date but couldn't find it.
            > > Click Ok.
            > >
            > > ======================================
            > > For more help search for "Asteroid Orbit Dialog" in the Skymap Pro Help
            > > files.
            > > Maybe someone can give us a good place to find all the data.
            > >
            > > Data follows:
            > > ======================================
            > > 2003 UV11
            > > a 0.344037 a
            > > e 0.76285621 e
            > > i 5.942911 i
            > > w 124.612386 w
            > > M 243.578942 M
            > > H 19.3 H
            > > G 0.15 G
            > > omega 32.130354 omega
            > > ======================================
            > > designation 2003 UV11
            > > perihelion (AU) 0.344037
            > > aphelion 2.55747
            > > semimajor axis (AU) 1.45075328
            > > eccentricity 0.76285621
            > > inclination (deg) 5.942911
            > > arg. peri. (deg) 124.612386
            > > long. asc. node (deg) 32.130354
            > > mean anomaly (deg) 243.578942
            > > absolute magnitude H 19.3
            > > slope parameter G 0.15
            > > B-V --
            > >
            > > diameter (km) 0.9:
            > > IRAS taxonomy --
            > > observation arc (days) 2841
            > > number of observations 316
            > > CEU (arcsec) 0.16
            > > epoch (arcsec) 20080822

          • Rainer
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
              Hi Alan,

              Mistery solved :-)

              It was a matter of the magnitude display :-)

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
                Glad you solved it Rainer...

                Looking Up,
                Alan

                > It was a matter of the magnitude display :-)
                >
                > regards Rainer
                >
                > --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Rainer" <rsbfoto@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Well I input the data and activated the Asteroid view and a search makes
                >> appear a little square but there is no identification available.
                >>
                >> I took as date 2010 December 15.xxxxx
                >>
                >> Look at this screenshot
                >>
                >> http://rainerehlert.com/astro/2003UV11-01.jpg
                >>
                >> You can clearly see the other astteroid near U2003 UV11
                >>
                >> Any clue why I have no Identification ?
                >>
                >> regards Rainer
                >>
                >> --- In skymap@yahoogroups.com, "Rainer" <rsbfoto@> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Hi Alan,
                >> >
                >> > Thanks. Will give it a try.
                >> >
                >> > About the date I have seen that in the page
                >> >
                >> > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2003%20UV11&orb=1
                >> >
                >> > There is mentioned tp as 2010-Dec-15
                >> >
                >> > I guess that is what one has to input in the T field of SkyMap.
                >> >
                >> > Will tell you the outcome of my input.
                >> >
                >> > regards

              • Rainer
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2010
                  Yes,

                  but there is still the incognita about what to input in the T field of SkyMap Pro.

                  Also the input in the magnitude fields. For what is the second field named G:

                  Anyone knows ?

                  regards Rainer

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 7, 2010