Comet C/2009 K5 Brightest in the Northern Sky

  • dennis_persyk
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      Comet C/2009 K5 in Camelopardalis is the brightest comet in the northern sky right now. It is approximately magnitude 8.9 and has a broad diffuse fan tail extending about 10 arc minutes as imaged under a full moon. My images and supporting data with SkyMap screenshots are here
      http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk/new.htm
      and I hope you will take a look.

      Clear skies,

      Dennis Persyk
      Igloo (Now Roll-Off) Observatory Home Page http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk
      Hampshire, IL

      Pier Design http://users.FoxValley.net/~dpersyk/Pier_Design.htm
    • David crum
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
        Very nice image. That comet is one of my favorites.

        Sent from my iPad
      • Bill Gucfa
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2010
          Excellent photo Dennis, as usual! I haven't had time to pick this one up yet. Thanks for the inspiration to do so!

          Bill, in Massachusetts