Skymap Lite

  • weezyrider
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2010
      I have Skymap Lite, and I simply cannot get the program to just show the Messier and some of the Caldwell objects. I've stared at the manual, tried everything in that dialog box, and it doesn't work. I have the Lite version as I have a 120ST on an alt-az and don't need telescope control. I do want the Telrad and EP FOV.
      How do you get that dialog box to work?
      Thanks,
      Weezy
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2010
        >I have Skymap Lite, and I simply cannot get the program to just show the
        >Messier and some of the Caldwell objects. I've stared at the manual, tried
        >everything in that dialog box, and it doesn't work. I have the Lite version
        >as I have a 120ST on an alt-az and don't need telescope control. I do want
        >the Telrad and EP FOV.
        > How do you get that dialog box to work?
        > Thanks,
        > Weezy

        Please go through the tutorial lessons in the on-line help. You need to
        understand "view levels" and these lessons will explain how it works.

        Thanks,

        Chris
      • weezyrider
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
          I did go through all that. I still can't get it to work. Every time I exit the program, all the settings in the DSO object box disappear. Everything is blank again. Shouldn't the program keep your preferences?
          Weezy
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
              After setting up your preferences, did you do a "Save Default" from the File
              menu??

              On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 9:19 AM, weezyrider <weezyrider@...> wrote:

              > I did go through all that. I still can't get it to work. Every time I exit
              > the program, all the settings in the DSO object box disappear. Everything is
              > blank again. Shouldn't the program keep your preferences?
              > Weezy

            • weezyrider
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 5, 2010
                I had forgotten to turn on the catalog.