Re: [skymap] failure in instalation

  • Alexia Marquezam
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
      Dear Chris,

      Whem I tried the instaslation I find the fatal error :

      "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. Choose "close"to terminate aplplication"
      I think it is because I don't have a HD with formatation FAT32 ....with my Windows XP. I have another PC with windows 98 and the same program work perfect.

      Tank You.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
        This has nothing to do with FAT/FAT32/NTFS

        Try copying the "autoexec.nt" file from "c:\windows\repair" folder into the
        "c:\windows\system32" folder, this usually fixes this error.

        Mark

        >I tried install skyMap Pro demo in my notebook with windows XP and was
        > unsucessfull , why my HD wasn't formated in FAT32.
        >
        > What to do?

        When you say that you were unsuccessful, what was the problem?

        If you got the message "Corrupt Installation Detected", this means that the
        installation package has detected that it's incomplete - ie that the
        download did not complete successfully.

        If you got a different error message, tell me what it is and I'll do my best

        to help you.

        SkyMap doesn't care what file system your hard disk is using.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2005
          Mark is absolutely right; this message means that one or both of the
          "config.nt" and "autoexec.nt" files is missing from the "system32" folder.
          Copy the missing file(s) from "\windows\repair" and all will be well.