Re: [skymap] SMP 10 vs SMP 11

  • Kim Gowney
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
      Have you got the real time clock set to ON, I think that it re-orients with
      each update.

      KG.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
        Kim -

        I've turned off the real time clock, will see if that cures the problem.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
          Hi Everyone,

          My name's Randy, I'm new to this list, and just got SkyMap Pro 11 up
          and running. I like the way most of the program makes sense, except I
          can't figure out how to make the DSO's appear on the map. I've got
          stars, I've got planets, I've got comets, but I got no stinkin'
          Messier's, NGC's, etc. I've fiddled with the DSO controls and it says
          that they should be displayed, but they're not there. Am I missing
          something?

          Randy Holst
          Boise, Idaho
        • Randy Holst
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
            Randy Holst wrote:

            > ...I like the way most of the program makes sense, except I
            > can't figure out how to make the DSO's appear on the map...

            Never mind... As usual, it helps to read the dang instructions.

            Randy Holst
          • AstronomyW4WMM@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
              Randy, after adjusting the "Catalog Setting" you may need to adjust the
              settings for the "Levels" too.

              File > Preferences > Levels

              "Deep Sky Object Display"

            • Randy Holst
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                AstronomyW4WMM@... wrote:

                > Randy, after adjusting the "Catalog Setting" you may need to adjust the
                > settings for the "Levels" too.

                Yep, it was the "Levels" thing that eluded me. Once I started fiddling
                with that, all the DSO's miraculously appeared. Going out to the back
                yard to set up my daughter's GoTo C8 now to see how well the laptop
                controls the scope. This looks like a lot more fun than fiddling with
                the hand controller.

                Thanks,

                Randy Holst
                Boise, Idaho
              • Glen Knight
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Randy,

                  This is Glen from Boise. Good to see that you decided to come over to
                  SkyMap Pro. Did you decide to do this from my presentation at the Boise
                  Astronomical Society?

                  - Glen -

                  Carpe Noctum
                • AstronomyW4WMM@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2, 2005
                    Oh, believe me it IS!

                    If I'm going to be out for awhile, I always set up using Skymap Pro to run
                    the scope. I've got the logging, star charts and easy selection of target.
                    Right-click-slew-to selection. Target lists or just random looking around the
                    sky.

                    I LOVE IT!